Favorite Compressor Stomp?

powderfinger

What is a good compressor stompbox? I'm currently using the Route 66 and I can't get the sustain I want without unwanted feedback and noise.....

I use the little MXR dyna comp box. It only has 2 knobs, and it does everything I need it to do in a live situation. Its simple and subtle if you use it right. I think they just came out with a super compression stompbox for like $70 too.
I tried the Comptortion box one time too, and I hated it.

Todd

powderfinger said:
What is a good compressor stompbox? I'm currently using the Route 66 and I can't get the sustain I want without unwanted feedback and noise.....

sell it to me!!!!!

Re: Re: Favorite Compressor Stomp?

JR#97 said:
sell it to me!!!!!

that's the problem....i love the overdrive part of it.....it just seems like there's probably a better compressor out there

Re: Re: Re: Favorite Compressor Stomp?

powderfinger said:
that's the problem....i love the overdrive part of it.....it just seems like there's probably a better compressor out there

sell it to me and you can buy the jekyll hyde and a boss cs3.

A friend of mine just tested out compressor boxes 'cause he wanted to buy one. The primary test objects were my MXR Dynacomp, a Boss unit and some Marshall. According to him they all sounded good but very different. He ended up buying the Marshall and preferred my MXR to the Boss. But even he said that it came down to taste. The Boss somehow felt more cold but was also the least noisy one.

carl martin compressor is without a doubt the very best floor unit made......i also like the boss cs...the oldest one...

I'm a fan of the MXR Dyna Comp too. It has a VERY slow release time, so you don't get that annoying "pop" every time you pluck a note. I like it best with single coil guitars--Strat and especially Tele. I won't play a Tele without one. It tames the highs in a good way with that guitar.

I'd like to try their new compressor too. One cool thing about the DynaComp is that batteries last a long, long time.

lets see--I'm trying to remember the company--Ross maybe? Somebody did a compressor based on the DynaComp, but a few parts were changed and it was also true bypass. Its even more transparent but does its job.

Back