Cubase for free . . .

foo

oooops - wrong forum - I thought I was in the Cave.

Here's the problem (nice one to have). I have an old copy of Cubase VST 32. It comes with the dongle, the manual, the various serial numbers etc. and TC Reverb.

It's a legit copy.

It can't be upgraded as I am not the original purchaser (thank you ebay) and Cubase wouldn't allow me to do that, so I bought SX which is working great.

I know there are folks on this site who would like to have it, but it's deciding who to give it to and how to decide. I'm sure we have young kids and newbies with no money but lots of talent.

It won't run on XP - only on 98 (I think).

How should I donate this to someone on this board?

you should give it to me because -

a) Im a helluva nice guy

b) I was born in Albuquerque,New Mexico so we have a geographic connection

3) I wont upgrade for a long time because Im too cheap to move past Windoze 98, therefore Ill get the most use out of it.......

d) When I recieve a CMA award for writing the song of the year, Ill thank you first.......

e) My broke ass is still on N-Track 2.3

g) I could probably hook you up with my Mom, if I can get Brad off of her.......

next) I am more destined for greatness than Ken D. Webber, i just dont have the million dollars......

the other reason) Im really good looking.......

the next reason) Since my hand is out of commission for a few weeks I need something to play with.......

did I win yet?

Do we get to vote?

I vote for Gidge, he's a hell of nice guy and obviously will get the most use out of it....

It would be like giving a Stratovarious to a poor, child prodigy.....:p

:D :eek: :confused:

if you want to make a lottery of it, i love cubase, though i don't own a copy :( i want it!

Hey Foo,
I could definitely use that Cubase you have. I've have a copy of cubasis 2.0 and I'm stuck with that till I find out if I still have a job or not. And even then I can't afford to spend on thing's that won't help me survive for the time being.
I work for a state funded agency part-time in California and part time doesn't really cut it with the finance's. So my fund's are very limited.
I've alway's wanted to try a real full blown version of Cubase but cannot afford it. Also I'm knee deep in costly repair's for my only work transportation I have. It's at that age everything is falling apart and all at once.
Sorry to whine on about my situation, and thank's for offering the Cubase no matter who end's up getting it. It's nice to still see people do selfless act's nowaday's.

Happy recording.........Joe:D

Back