Buckethead - Binge And Grab

D

danny.guitar

Buckethead - Binge and Grab

Can anyone here play this? The whole song is real easy except the guitar solo. :confused:

I've been trying to play it for awhile now but I'm no shredder. The solo is hard as fuck. Might be easier on electric (been learning it on acoustic since my electric sounds like clown's assholes).

Just want some tips from people who know how to play this song or have heard this song and are good guitar players.

I've never cared much about how fast I could play. But I love this song and I would love to be able to play the whole thing (especially since a girl I know loves this song and I wanna impress her ;).... :confused: )

danny.guitar said:
Buckethead - Binge and Grab

Can anyone here play this? The whole song is real easy except the guitar solo. :confused:

I've been trying to play it for awhile now but I'm no shredder. The solo is hard as fuck. Might be easier on electric (been learning it on acoustic since my electric sounds like clown's assholes).

Just want some tips from people who know how to play this song or have heard this song and are good guitar players.

I've never cared much about how fast I could play. But I love this song and I would love to be able to play the whole thing (especially since a girl I know loves this song and I wanna impress her ;).... :confused: )

Do you know what the notes are? Are you having trouble discerning what they are from listening, or are you just having trouble playing it?

Slow drills. Once you have it figured out, note-wise, practice playing it at half or even quarter speed (or even slower) - a drum machine or metronome will help here. Until you can get through it smoothly, don't speed it up, and then when you do, only speed it up to the point where you stumble occasionally, and work it at that speed until it's smooth. Rinse and repeat.

You're right, that is a pretty straight forward Buckethead song for the most part.

I imagine all your troubles start at about 3 minutes and 13 seconds? :p

There really isn't any shortcut to playing something like that. Just do what ggunn said and work through it slowly and speed up as you can.

Do you have any tablature or anything? It sounds like a quick up and down alternating sequence where he changes up the number of notes in either direction so it just sort of sounds like a free for all. I'd say that if your picking chops were up to snuff you could play just about anything there that was sort of in key and mimicked the feel. I'd probably play most of that on a single string and then there at the end of the run where it gets more frantic I would quickly climb up in a single position and try to nail those final hammers and the bend. The next run is obviously just 3 ascending notes played twice and then repeated on the next higher string. Move up one note and repeat until you get to the big bend at the end....at least that's what it sounds like to me.
After that, it's pretty straight forward again.
I don't know what sort of help you're looking for really.....this may not help at all. :p

Back