Best mic for an acoustic guitar during live performance???

toz71

Hi folks,
My self and another guy play acoustic guitars and now feel it is time to go live.We both have good guitars with good pickups but we prefer that classic "Neil young" amplified acoustic sound.I have a shure SM57 but am not happy with the sound.Do i need a condenser for the right sound?...and if so is the AKG c1000s a good mike for this application?

yeah c1000 is a good mic for acoustic guitar. There are lots of others too. I recomend going to a store that lets you try out the mics. I use an Audio Technica that is not made anymore. I tried it against 8 other mics, and liked it the best, (plus it was used and only 50$) but, places like Mars Music (as much as I hate that place) have mics setup for customers to use. Or your local store will usually let you try them out. If you have a good pickup, like a Fishman or LR Baggs, you might want to blend the mic and the pickup. That is what I usually do. The mic is for the sounds of the guitar and the pickup is for the sounds of the strings. Anyway, maybe I could help, maybe not...
mike

Thanx for the info ....2 more q's
1)does the c1000 feedback horribly? (i've read that condenser mikes are more prone to feedback than dynamics)
2)I have a powered mixer which doesn't supply phantom power...how long does a battery last in these babies?

Back