Bass Body to match with Guild Pilot fretless Neck

basstracker7769

Hello
Looking to find out if there as any bass guitar body types i could put a guild pilot (original Design 1989 or so) fretless neck on. Id like to find this fretless neck a home since its not easy finding a guild pilot which has lost its neck> Any guitar builders who would know what i could use >? I know most designs are bolt on Can i use anything for it? any measurements i need first to know if it would fit?? Thanks in advance to any tips i recieve :D

Hi, I don't know what the actual measurements are but does the neck have a square heel at the body end or a rounded one like Fender.

Fenders have a 2.5" (varies ever so slightly between Made in Mexico, Made in Japan, and Made in America versions) heel pocket width.

If you go on Mighty Mite or Warmoth websites, you'll be able to gleen some numbers that you can use to measure up your neck to see if their bodies will fit. It will also depend on how many frets your neck has.

It used to be that some of the older Yamahas and Ibanez basses duplicated Fender measurements so you could actually use some aftermarket Fender necks on 70's / 80's Ibanez basses, but I'm not sure about Guild.

Back