bass amp suggestion

playdrums

the bassest in my band is looking for a good bass amp, preferably fender, better brands for 100 watts or more, cheap to reasonable price? websites?

thanks in advance

you should check out the new SWR LA series of amps, they have a new 15" combo (100Watts) that's getting pretty good reviews...it sells for $299 new, pretty good for a SWR!

I've been running an old 15" peavy combo for years, I bought it secondhand (something to look into) and it's served me well. The only amp I've had bad experiences with was Crate, ...but that's just me.

Another option may be to bypass an amp altogether and get a bass pod or something of the like that goes directly into the P.A. that's always a good costsaver.

Another option may be to bypass an amp altogether and get a bass pod or something of the like that goes directly into the P.A. that's always a good costsaver.[/QUOTE said:
Problem is monitoring - if you put bass through the foldback it doesn't help anyone much. I like to use a couple of hundred watts and a 2x10 on stage just for monitoring, let the PA do the work for FOH.

Well worth looking at the Ashdown Electric Blue series - excellent VFM. There's more info about amps and cabs than any human can possibly digest on www.talkbass.com.

thanks a lot for the help, probably be checking out the swr, thats what he is borrowing now and we all like it

Back