ZOOM Mrs-1044 USB

texasfences

i've had my little mrs-1044 for about 4 years now....but as it's pretty bunged up with stuff, i was thinking of getting a usb or usb2 interface for it.
however, some sites advertise these cards as being usable with mac os x, while zoom japan states on it's site that mac is not supported....anyone care to shine some light on who's telling the truth?\
ta

Sounds like you might be confused about what a USB interface will do for you.

USB interfaces are a way to get either audio or audio and midi into and out of your computer. They make using sequencing software possible and also can be used to do sysex dumps of digital audio --- if your recorder allows it --- to and from your computer. Most of these are both Mac and PC compatable. The Zoom web site is possibly referring to an edior/librarian - ?

And what do you mean by 'bunged up with stuff'?

Usb

yeah...i'm aware of what a USB interface does....but i have literally no idea what format the data inside the zoom is stored, how it's filed or archived, and from what most of the press says, it appears to come with PC-only software for backing-up.
Therefore, I'm trying to find out if anyone has actually used the USB interface with computer running apple's OS, and successfully backed up their material in the same ordered way it's stored on the internal HD.
By 'bunged up', I mean that my MRS is nearly full, and although i could simply take final mixes of the stuff, then ditch the sessions, I'd love to be able to archive them in the same format as they appear on the drive, so i could reload them at a later date.

As far as I know the MRS-1044 uses FAT32. I own one but haven't gotten around to buying the USB interface.. I already own a S/PDIF cable that I use for mixing down to the computer so I don't really see the need for it, especially at like $80 US. Using the interface and the software on the ZOOM site you should be able to do backups and stuff fairly easily.

i have a zoom 1044 non cd with no usb board instaled con i use a beranger 202 interface to exchange audio to the computer usb sp/dif or what els interface can i use but real cheap $30-40

Back