Worst gear ever thread ?

mattkw80

Am I dreaming, or did there used to be a "Worst Gear Ever" thread on this BBS, a few years ago ?

I've searched on it several ways over the past few weeks, but could not find it.

"Worst gear" , "Worst Gear Ever", etc.

Anyway, anybody remember a thread like that or was that at Gear Slutz?
(Or was it a dream I had ? )

Anyway.... I was hoping to find that thread, so I can compile a list of what members here think is the worst, most dissappointing gear they we're ever sorry they bought.

Why ? Because I tend to make alot or purchases I regret later.

(ie: Roland V-Drums, Roland VS-2000, MXL 990, Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack).

If there was a "worst of the worst" or "buyer beware" list, although it would be mostly based on personal preference, it could save us all thousands of dollars in the long run.

p.s. How do I know this will trigger more than a few Behringer jokes. lol

Or a joke about why it would never be seen by anyone because it wouldnt ever become a sticky:D

I think it would be a hard list to compile, and very short. People use all kinds of weird shit everyday while others hate on it.

haha - I know the "sticky" issue your talking about.

I saw the angry, angry letter to Dragon.

I stayed far far away from that thread.

Awesome, thanks !

I did not do an Advanced Search. (Shouldn't of had to).

Searching "worst gear" should have got it.

Thank you... that is what I was looking for.

Thanks !

These threads are sweet.

So far, I don't own any of the stuff listed in them, which is a relief - because I am notorious for impulse buying, and then buyer's remorse.

(When the guitar center guys see me coming, they point and laugh.... and I end up buying extended warranties for products I don't even own).

Okay, so maybe it's not that bad - but I HATE falling for the hype - or cheaping out on dissappointing gear, when, If I had saved a little longer, I could have owned some Pro level stuff.

Anyway, - Thanks for the links guys !

Awesome, thanks !

I did not do an Advanced Search. (Shouldn't of had to).

Searching "worst gear" should have got it.

Thank you... that is what I was looking for.

Well, the problem with the standard search is that it searches through entire threads, not just titles, so you probably got all sorts of threads that had "Yea, it was the worst gear" mentioned *somewhere* inside. You also can't specify listing by most replies first... so, you unfortunately have to do a little search setup if you don't want to search through hundreds if not thousands of threads :p

Don't forget, hr has been here for a decade, and has roughly 77,000 users - there's a lot of content here :D

Yeah your right.

Just about done reading the threads.

Turns out I posted in one of them back in 2004 !

The gear slutz thread is brutal, because those guys rip on everything you can imagine, from guy who don't like U87's, 414's, anything Meek, etc.

Some of the behringer equipment I own did turn up in the threads.

(but I knew the virtualizer was garbage 2 minutes after I turned it on, so that's nothing new)

Well, the problem with the standard search is that it searches through entire threads, not just titles, so you probably got all sorts of threads that had "Yea, it was the worst gear" mentioned *somewhere* inside. You also can't specify listing by most replies first... so, you unfortunately have to do a little search setup if you don't want to search through hundreds if not thousands of threads :p

Don't forget, hr has been here for a decade, and has roughly 77,000 users - there's a lot of content here :D

Probably the "winner, here" can be 3630 Alesis compressor or some Behringer stuff, but I have some friends (me included) that did very good jobs with it (and others , like Samson CO3 and MXL 2003 / LDC)

*what about think "worst" gear as:
bad musicians,performance,mixing, untuned instruments, untreated rooms, ...?

Ciro

www.soundclick.com/openstation

My Epiphone is a legitimate piece of crap.

I've had a really bad Epiphone acoustic guitar that was crap.

It felt like and sounded like it was made of plastic.

I bought it because I was 17 and didn't know any better - and at that time I used to associated Epiphone acoustics with the Beatles.

It started a "bad Epiphone buying" chain of events, because my brother and grandpa bought one each as well, seeing mine and thinking they looked good, and for $300 how could you go wrong ?

Those we're really bad guitars.

Back