wich software....for replacing drums...drumagog?

Anybody have any experience with Trigger from Steven Slate? I know SSD rocks and that Trigger uses the same soundbanks(minus cymbals).

Anybody have any experience with Trigger from Steven Slate? I know SSD rocks and that Trigger uses the same soundbanks(minus cymbals).

dont use either, nor will i need to, but Ive read several reviews on this and they were all very favourable...

suppose it would come down to cost for many if the results are similar

The SSD samples are good, but drumagog has the better triggering. Drumagog 5 has so much more functionality and is open to other peoples samples...including your own.

Not being confrontational....have not used either....but am very interested.

Trigger and Steven Slate are touting the most advanced triggering system on the market today.....I was sold on Trigger from the SSD sounds and Trigger uses the same samples. I will be honest, I have not researched Drumagog as much as Trigger, but from what I have read It sounded like the best program out there.

I am pretty much ready to pull the trigger on Trigger(ugh) but just wanna make sure since this is my first trip into MIDI.

Any thing else I should be looking at more closely, or is this just a matter of opinion like drum heads or recording programs?

You can download a demo version of each from their website. Figure out which one you like better then spend the dough.

Not being confrontational....have not used either....but am very interested.

Trigger and Steven Slate are touting the most advanced triggering system on the market today.....I was sold on Trigger from the SSD sounds and Trigger uses the same samples. I will be honest, I have not researched Drumagog as much as Trigger, but from what I have read It sounded like the best program out there.

I am pretty much ready to pull the trigger on Trigger(ugh) but just wanna make sure since this is my first trip into MIDI.

Any thing else I should be looking at more closely, or is this just a matter of opinion like drum heads or recording programs?
Drumagog 5 just came out a month ago. Drumagog was the original and still the leader in drum replacement. SSD expanded on what Drumagog was already doing and now Drumagog's newest version leap-frogs over SSD.

I'm sure either one will work. But the new Drumagog even has hi hat tracking, it actually tracks how open a real hi hat is and pick the appropriate sampes to replace it. It has the best tracking, the newer samples have provisions for 3 sets of room mics, convolution reverb, effects, synthesis, etc... There is just so much more to it than being able to trigger some decent samples.

Hey Farview, I see your samples on the demo video. :D:D

Question:

One thing that I thought was neat about the Trigger software is that if you wanted to illiminate the snare bleed in the kick track then you just load up the snare track in a sidechain (or something like that) and it cancels out the snare hits in the kick track.

Does Drumagog have something like this?

And btw, Drumagog 5 seems pretty freaking sweet. I'll be downloading the demo soon. A couple of years ago I downloaded one of the Drumagog demos and thought it was really good. So I'm sure this new one is way better.

Hey Farview, I see your samples on the demo video. :D:D

Question:

One thing that I thought was neat about the Trigger software is that if you wanted to illiminate the snare bleed in the kick track then you just load up the snare track in a sidechain (or something like that) and it cancels out the snare hits in the kick track.

Does Drumagog have something like this?
Version 5 had auto-ducking.

Back