Tannoy Reveal owners!

feedpix

'LO,
just a simple question. How good are the Tannoy Reveal in bass ? I mean, I'm not expecting big loaded sub-bass considering the tiny size. Bass are kind of present in my mix and I wonder if I 'll be satisfy with the Tannoy or should go for something like the events 20/20.

I listened to both the Reveal Actives and the 20/20bas A/B'd with several different CDs, and while none of the CDs had any kind of super thumping bass, I didn't hear any difference in these monitors bass wise. I have the Reveal Actives, and they have enough bass for me. I'd guess the CD with the heaviest bass I've listened to through them at home would be the first RATM disc. Not any kind of heavy throbing bass or anything, but it hits good in the low range. Made me step back and rethink how I was mixing the low frequencies on my stuff after listening to that disc through the monitors.

As I would recommend to anyone, listen to monitors before you buy them unless it's just impossible. Both the 20/20s and the reveals are good monitors, but they do sound slightly different. I liked the sound of the Reveals better, but that's my opinion. I haven't heard the passive Reveals, only the actives. I have no idea how different they might sound.

Hope this helps.

Back