Soundcraft Ghost or Trident 8T series??

frequency_

Soundcraft Ghost Le-24 and Trident 8T-24. Both worth around $6000. I ve not had any experience with any of the two desks, but i m thinking to get one of those two as soon as i have some money. I ve heard many good things about the Trident mixing desks, also about the ghost and its very capable EQ. Which console is better in your opinion?

Last edited:
I don't know about better of the 2, I have a Ghost 24LE and ya couldn't pry it from my dyin hands hehe, dont forget to check out a Midas while you're in this price range, only diff outside of desired sound of the 3 is routing options for studio, the Ghost is a studio desk.

I can only speak of the Ghost (which I own) It's a very nice board but I would never had paid 6k for one. I bought mine used with the meter bridge for 2k. At that price it's a great value. At 6k I think there are better choices.

I can only speak of the Ghost (which I own) It's a very nice board but I would never had paid 6k for one. I bought mine used with the meter bridge for 2k. At that price it's a great value. At 6k I think there are better choices.
what would be a better better analogue mixing desk for 6k?

how does the ghost connect to the pc? i mean, does it have ADAT or firewire ports? i'm looking for a cheaper mixer that i can connect to the pc with that's not digital....

what would be a better better analogue mixing desk for 6k?

I think the Toft board might be better at that price quote. You got to think there's a reason Soundcraft dicontinued the unit. The Ghost board is the best board I've owed so I can only speak of that.

how does the ghost connect to the pc? i mean, does it have ADAT or firewire ports? i'm looking for a cheaper mixer that i can connect to the pc with that's not digital....

I use mine with the Alesis HD24, not a computer so I can't really be of help. The board has standard 1/4 plugs in the back.

The Trident mentioned at the beginning of this post is not a Toft, but branded under the Tridnt name by John Oram. There is a lot of contention concerning Oram and his actual designs with Trident as a company. Oram seems to make a lot of claims about what he actually did and what he designed at Trident which seem to be refuted by most everyone else at Trident. My experience so far has been that the current Trident offerings really do not sound at all like the older Trident stuff that it is "supposed" to sound like. On the other hand, the Oram stuff still sounds pretty good. The actual Oram designs consoles in my opinion sound much better than the Soundcraft Ghost as well as typically offereing more and better features. They are also at a different price point though. The Trident 8t may be a great little mixer in it's own right but I would not buy it thinking you are getting "that Trident sound" that most professionals refer to. For that matter, I probably would not view the Toft ATB that way either. Both consoles may be great, but are certainly no series 80 or A range desk. If you really want that classic Trident sound, I would just look for an old Trident. Even amongst the old Trident desks, there are still some pretty wide sonic differences between the different models. The A range and the Series 80 are typically what is referred to as the "Trident Sound". Short of buying an actual vintage Trident console, if you really want that sound, or at least a pretty close representation, you may want to give Geoff DaKing a listen.

Back