sound cards?

guitarman69

I'm looking in to recording in my home and don't know what sound card I should use. I will be using a Mackie 1202 for my voice and guitar. At times there might be another guitar and voice. Is the CreativeLabs Platinum
card a good choise of is it too low of a level for what i want?. Any advice will br great.
Thanks Ric

Depends on what are your goals sonically, whether or not you need midi, how many instruments you will be recording at one time (how many inputs and outputs youll need), do you need S/PDIF.....these answers may give us some idea how to help you...

sound cards still lol

wow talk about service
thanks
well I will likely have no more than four independent inputs but the common thing will be two inputs.
I will be recording acoustic guitar and voice with electric
on occasion. As for midi, maybe in the future.
But I have no idea what S/PDIF is (help).

S/PDIF is for transfer of digital audio...some devices and equipment have if and you would need a soundcard with S/PDIF to take advantage of it...what I meant was how many sources would you be recording simultaneously as opposed to tracking it one instrument at a time...and sound quality is a big issue...are you expecting semi-pro quality, or do you just wanna record something half decent.....

delta 44. costs $50 more then the SB Live! with live drive, and has 4 high quality converters, rather then 2 shoddy ones.

I second that Kristian....if Midi is needed down the line, add a cheapo second card or use a software synth.....

Back