Roland Boss ME-30 Opinions Wanted

I, too, just purchased a Boss ME-30 about 6 months ago and I love it! It didn't cost a fortune, is pretty easy to use, and has some great effects packed in there! I record my own compositions at home, and after using the unit for the last 6 months, I am still experimenting with the many sounds I can find on the thing! I must admit that I spend the most time with the gnarly distortions...some of them are real nasty! Have fun!

And compare with ME-8? I'm intersting in buying an ME-30 and sell my old ME-8 (at a reasonable price) becuz I think my ME-8 is a bit hard to work with.. What do you think?

I USE THE BOSS ME-30 ALSO IVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND I LOVE IT.
ITS REAL EASY TO USE AND LIKE DIRTDOG, IAM STILL EXPLORING THE SOUNDS!!!IVE EVEN USED IT FOR VOCAL TRACKS ON DEMOS IVE RECORDED.

JIMIMAC

I bought mine about a year ago and for the price I think it's a great unit. Even if it didn't do something very well I thought it at least did a decent job at everything I use it for. I looked at some of the high end units and wouldn't confuse it with any of them, but I didn't need one of those units - I simply thought this was a great buy for the price.

I also use it as a general purpose effects box for recording - vocals, acoustic, occasionally keyboards, and I even use the pitch shifter to get an "OK" bass sound. It still sounds too processed to use long term as a bass and so I'm plan to buy a bass later this year.

Since it's plastic I don't know how well it would hold up playing live. I only use mine for recording at home.

Back