one side recording...

Botinok

ok iv tryed everything and cant figure it out..heres my settup..i have a shure sm7b pluged into a m-audio dmp3 which is connected do input 3 on delta 44..when i try recording (using cool edit 2.1) it only records the left side..right side is completly silent..i dont know what to do..im assuming its trying to pick up input 4 as well because recording device is delta 44 3/4 ...but i dont know how to make it just pick up 3....

any help guys?

Cool Edit is recording a stereo track, but it is seeing only one input, i.e. theleft hand side. There is nothing coming in on the right. This is as it should be.

If you are recording with a single mike, that will naturally deliver a mono, i.e. single channel signal.

What you would need to do is go into Cool Edit and ask it to record a mono track. That's all you need with a mono signal, and it saves disk space as a bonus.

hmm...i was under the impression i was by defult recording a mono track..but ill check it out as soon as i get my PC back up..thanks alot guys

that was the same problem i had switching frm a pc mic to a condenser mic...didnt know it was mono...so i had to tell aa that i want to record mono not stereo......worked perfect..

In cool edit or audition just make sure that in the record devices window for the enabled track that you have either the left or right bullet selected instead of the stereo (depending on which you want to use).

ok new question...how do i switch it to mono..lol...the only options i have is left only, right only, and stero..no mono..where do i do this

lol...you switch it to either left only or right only..that detrimnes which channle on the soundcard it uses..since mine was set to third input, i switched to left only and it records fine:-)

congrats. For those that didn't figure it out on their own, right only and left only ARE mono. If you are using an 1/8in in or something similar the tip is left and the ring is right... just an FIY

PS. that's for unbalanced connections only.

Back