Neve 1073

mixmkr

we don't need rest!!
can a home recordist get good use out of these expensive re-issues? I have only heard an original a looooong time ago, and have no basis for how they compare to something nowadays...plus I was just basically blown away by the studio at the time. Or would everything tracked thru them be a problem?...

For $7500, a pair seems like the ultimate.... hook up a good mic or two, into a DAW...seems like about the best. not really all that expensive if you compare it to the cost of some other stuff.

Here is a link that may be interesting. Look for RoundBadge's MP3 file about 2/3 down the page. http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=24710

Real Neve vs. a clone by Vintech - I heard a real difference in detail and breath response. The Neve is much more intimate and would be my choice in this shoutout.

There is also an article in the most recent copy of EQ and the reviewer compared an original Neve from the 70s to the latest AMS-Neve remake. In his opinion they sounded exactly the same.

Middleman said:
There is also an article in the most recent copy of EQ and the reviewer compared an original Neve from the 70s to the latest AMS-Neve remake. In his opinion they sounded exactly the same.

I saw that article too, and that is kinda what sparked my interest.

I am 2nd guessing my interest in the 7th circle preamps after hearing the difference between the Vintech and a real Neve. I mean it's very impressive. Don't you think?

Let's see, if I eliminate the kids college next year I can just about afford a pair.

There better be a difference, or else there is no point in buying an original. However, that doesn't make the others (Vintech, 7th circle etc...) any less cool. At a fraction of the price, even coming close makes them a good buy. If you can afford two real ones and want that, go for it! It will be a thing of beauty. However, that kind of maney can get you a lot of cool other stuff:D

Back