Need help picking out a monitor

PokerDude422

So I am looking for at least one studio monitor for now or maybe two. I dont have to much of a budget so 300 dollars is probobly my limit. I basically dont know the first thing to look for when it comes to buying monitors so can anyone help me out with what brands are good. Any specific monitors i should get and where I should buy them and such. Thanks a lot

IMO the best monitors you can buy for 300 (new of course) are the krk rp5's. I got them and they are really great quality, and very clear.

there is absolutely no point in buying just one monitor

that's like saying "yea, i'm gonna go to the store and get one of those new air jordans today...maybe in a couple months i'll get the other shoe and complete the pair"

thanks well what do you say is a good set of monitors to get then, I guess i could hold out a bit longer and bump my price range up to like 400. I just need some options though

Like was allready mentioned the "KRK RP5's" are probably about the best for a Pair in your Price Range or maybe a set of M-audio speakers or Warfdale"s are also in your Price range, or what I have which are Yorkville YSM-2"s which are also well within your price range for a pair of actives or you might be able to get a set of Behringer Truth"s for a few bucks more or used for that price.....

Maybe look up a couple of these Brands on the net and look at there specs and prices ect and then listen to those ones at your music store before buying...Basicly in that price range most anything you get will be in the same sort of League Quality wize.....

Cheers

Back