ne1 know of wholesale pro audio gear place?

undrgrnd studio

I can buy wholesale because I have a business license (well my wife does), but I can't seem to find any wholesalers for pro audio gear like headphone amps and preamps and stuff. Does anyone know if you have to buy direct from factories with this kind of stuff? BTW If I can find a wholesaler, they usually have large minimum orders so I might be able to get some good deals if anyone is interested. I'm not sure how we could work that out, but if you know anything about buying wholesale let me know please.

hey deepwater...give me a PM about getting the dealers license thing.

and just for djl and sheppardb and any other "terrorist/insurgents" out there

I, distortedrumble, being of sound body and mind am planning on reading information that could possibly in some way change my thinking about a product. I acknowledge that the person I am talking to has their own business and could possibly try to sell me something.

distortedrumble said:
hey deepwater...give me a PM about getting the dealers license thing.

and just for djl and sheppardb and any other "terrorist/insurgents" out there

I, distortedrumble, being of sound body and mind am planning on reading information that could possibly in some way change my thinking about a product. I acknowledge that the person I am talking to has their own business and could possibly try to sell me something.

So you are saying that I will be pitched a pyramid scheme by Deepwater?

No.

There are malcontents who contend that Deepwater spams this forum. In this case, all Deepwater is doing here is responding to a legitimate request, but some people just always think they have to chime in with something (they believe is) witty.

Unless of course you are trolling.

<rant>
There is just something about being behind a keyboard which makes certain people feel free to be assholes. Has been this was since day 1 of the net, and unfortunately will most likely stay this way :(
</rant>

lol no. deepwater is legit. its just that some people on the website dont like the idea of people who own their own business talking about equipment. they believe that the person is trying to sell it to you. sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. its called spam. to me its no different than when a friend works at a music store and i ask him about a certain mic or something and he tells me if its good or not and if i wanted to buy it then he could get me his employee discount. sometimes i take him up on it. sometimes I buy a completely different mic from somewhere else.

Deepwater - feel free to send me any info you have which I may useful either for making or saving money. You know I got that M12 off ebay on your say so too, right? Hope you didn't have too hefty a profit margin on that one .... ;)

Good lad. You'll go far. You know the Nice Brigade pay me a cut for every nice comment I make? Is that spam? (Or just BS ;):D:p)

Way I see it is that the guys with small businesses are invariably going to reccomend the things they sell, because if they only sell a few things, they'll probably sell the things they like.

No reason selling something you dont like if you only have a few select items (as opposed to carrying the entire line of multiple large brands)

mattamatta said:
Way I see it is that the guys with small businesses are invariably going to reccomend the things they sell, because if they only sell a few things, they'll probably sell the things they like.

No reason selling something you dont like if you only have a few select items (as opposed to carrying the entire line of multiple large brands)

Lol yeah, that's simple logic.

Yet, for some completely insane reason, others seem to think that they would comment on ONLY things they don't sell if they are of good morals. :rolleyes:

mattamatta said:

A lot of your small music stores sell what ever they can get. Its hard for them to become dealers for companies like Soundcraft, Crest and Renkus-Heinz. Those companies are very select about having to many dealers and being seen in whole in the wall stores. Thats why a lot of those small stores sell stuff like Sonic and Nady. You also have to have a nice opening order. I know EV requires a 10k opening order. Most small store can't buy 10k worth of EV merchandise. To top is off they want to sell X dollars worth of there stuff to stay a dealer. Soundcraft requires that I sell 15k a year to stay a dealer.

deepwater said:
A lot of your small music stores sell what ever they can get. Its hard for them to become dealers for companies like Soundcraft, Crest and Renkus-Heinz. Those companies are very select about having to many dealers and being seen in whole in the wall stores. Thats why a lot of those small stores sell stuff like Sonic and Nady. You also have to have a nice opening order. I know EV requires a 10k opening order. Most small store can't buy 10k worth of EV merchandise. To top is off they want to sell X dollars worth of there stuff to stay a dealer. Soundcraft requires that I sell 15k a year to stay a dealer.

Wow thats a tough quota to make.

undrgrnd studio said:
Wow thats a tough quota to make.

:D :D :D

A Soundcraft MH3 will run you 22K. A Series 5 will run you 50K. A Ghost will run you 6K. That's not a huge quota, if you sell full time, in any case, unless you are selling guitar picks. It is a quota, though, and most companies are serious about it.
Once you get in the door as a dealer, you have to stay that way to get those nice discounts. That means selling enough to stay a dealer, which takes time. Not a venture to jump into just to score some quick cheap gear.

boingoman said:
:D :D :D

A Soundcraft MH3 will run you 22K. A Series 5 will run you 50K. A Ghost will run you 6K. That's not a huge quota, if you sell full time, in any case, unless you are selling guitar picks. It is a quota, though, and most companies are serious about it.
Once you get in the door as a dealer, you have to stay that way to get those nice discounts. That means selling enough to stay a dealer, which takes time. Not a venture to jump into just to score some quick cheap gear.

There are two sides to Souncraft. You have Soundcraft and Soundcraft Spirit. I'm not a Soundcraft dealer just a Soundcraft Spirit dealer. 15k worth of Soundcraft Spirit can be a little hard at times. I do fine because I sell a lot of the Soundcraft Spirit 8's which ring up pretty fast. You also have remember that is 15k at dealer cost.

There are a lot of source that will sell at 5-10% over there cost which leaves a lot of room for profit. I work with a company in Atlanta when I need something I'm not a dealer for.

so you have the m8? pm me a price on that....I'm thinking i will probably be signing my income tax return check to a music store or something. .....ooops I'm guilty of soliciting for spam....my punishmet: a better deal

Back