my DR880 hates my v-synth

cortexx

I posted this in the Roland Boss section but didnt get any replies so i`ll hope for the best in here instead :D

DR-880 midi plugged into a roland vsynth and then into a korg ms2000B

Running drums out on midi port 5 to the vsynth and bass line to the ms2000b on midi port 3.

when i listen to the output from either synth i can hear what sounds like midi interference noise in the background ( kind of like a gated whitenoise generator ) .

Tried changing midi cables , patch cables , one synth at a time etc and i cant figure out where the noise is coming from .

Is it possible for Midi signals to bleed into the line outs of my equipment ?

Also , I have to unplug my DR880 midi cable when editing patterns because when i save the pattern , the V-synth pukes and gives a "no patch data" error which can only be fixed by turning the v-synth off and on again.

I called Roland and they couldn`t give me any clues (although they said they would call back in a few days), I`m wondering if its a setting in the v-synth somewhere to do with midi dumping and its mistaking the patch editing on the DR880 for data intended for the vsynth.

any suggestions ?
;)

Just thought I`d give an update.

Roland called me back after 2 days and said the following .-

The DR880 transmits Midi patch change info on channel 2 and channel 10 when you write to an onboard user preset. This was recieved by the v-synth which promptly took a dirt nap because it isnt a dr880.

The way to fix this is change the midi settings in the v-syth to not accept patch change/write through the midi interface (which is turned on by default).

The interference is caused by the DR880's midi clock being set to auto, it has to be set to internal , they told me this shouldn`t happen with the midi clock being set to auto but it does and they are now aware of it :(

Back