help regardin a 70's soundcraft 200 series

gymbass

o.k, first of all, I'm a bass player without almost any knoledge about sound engeniring so pardon my "bad languge"...

my band got a vintage soundcraft. a freind of mine who owns a rehersal room told me that the XLR connections in the old soundcrafts were waiered diffrently...he told me that the "hot" leg (or "hot" pin) should be pin no.1 insted of no.2

is it true?someone knows somthing about this stuff?

thanks a lot!

I am a neophite, but I own a Soundcraft Series 200 board- 16 channel. I do not have the manual with me right now (downloaded it from the net, so you can get one, too) but I used it a few times, including with condenser mics and got my phantom power from the board, and did not have any problems with it. So, my from the hip answer would be that the are not wired differently. I am quite pleased with my SC board, btw.

I beleive the are wired backwards. For the most part, this will only result in the polarity of everything being reversed from what it would be through another board. There may be a problem interfacing with some equipment depending on how the other equipment is balanced.

pin 1 is and was always ground !!!! then the argument was whether to make 2/3 hot... we said 2 they (brits) said 3... we eventually won....

Back