help crossover dilema!?!?!?

emmitsdownn

hello,

I dont have a clue how to hook up my Behringer Crossover.

I have A Allen and Heath mixer, then my eq, then my crossover, a crown running my JBL 15 mains, and a behringer amp running my 2 18 subs..

How do I hook them all together to seperate the lows and highs?

Before the crossover I had chan. 1 and 2 on the sub amp connected to channel one on eq, then chan. 1 and 2 on my mains amp connected to channel to on eq, then eq to left and right on mixer... please help very frustrated

I believe your behringer Xover is mono so just go from your board to the Xover and then out of that to your amps then to your speakers. As for your eq you can insert it in to your main bus.

:cool:

It depends on which model Behringer crossover and power amps you have and whether you are running mono, stereo, or stereo tops and mono bottoms.

my behringer crossover is a 2-way/3 way stereo and I would like to have my mains in stereo and subs in mono... but dont want to bridge the subs... or can I have stereo subs as well? The reason I dont want to bridge the subs mono is that they will get too much power from the amp....

You can't have too much power. The extra wattage gives you headroom so you don't have to drive the signal nearly as hot. That results in less distortion and noise. So I suggest running the tops in stereo and the bottoms in bridged mono.

Mixer L+R outs > EQ L+R inputs > EQ L+R outputs > crossover L+R inputs > crossover high outputs > power amp L+R inputs > power amp L+R outputs > L+R top speakers

Crossover sub output > sub power amp input > power amp outputs > sub speaker inputs

Or if you want stereo subs just run the crossover low outputs to the sub amp.

You can't have too much power. The extra wattage gives you headroom so you don't have to drive the signal nearly as hot. That results in less distortion and noise. So I suggest running the tops in stereo and the bottoms in bridged mono.

Mixer L+R outs > EQ L+R inputs > EQ L+R outputs > crossover L+R inputs > crossover high outputs > power amp L+R inputs > power amp L+R outputs > L+R top speakers

Crossover sub output > sub power amp input > power amp outputs > sub speaker inputs

Or if you want stereo subs just run the crossover low outputs to the sub amp.

Ocnor... your a lifesaver thank you dude....:)

Back