Focusrite Saffire 6

ste20man

Hi.

I have just bought a Foucusrite Saffire 6 and am really happy with the recordings I have been able to achieve. I'm just wondering if someone could answer a question for me?

Sometimes, when I shut down my comp and then restart later my saffire 6 reads in win7's manage audio devices - playback - line out - that there is audio coming out to the device but I have no sound coming through my monitors.

When I unplug the USB connection and re-plug it in, the sound comes back and everything is ok.

Does anyone know why this is? Cheers, Ste.:-)

could be a usb thing with your motherboard.

make sure you have the latest drivers and bios patches.
(not all manufacturers optimize their hardware for heavy audio/video data flow)

I had a similar issue with the Saffire 6 USB on a Mac. When the Mac was idle and went into powersaving mode the Saffire would sometimes not operate after work on computer resumed. The Mac would show the interface as being present but no sound without disconnecting and reconnecting the cable.

Focusrite confirmed that this can happen. When voltage on the USB bus drops below some specific amount the Saffire goes offline and stays that way until the whole USB handshake process is repeated. They did not offer any solution other than to disable powersaving in the Mac, which I was not willing to do. Since I was using the Saffire as my primary audio out for my everyday desktop I ended selling it. If I was using it primarily for a dedicated DAW machine I might have kept it since it was otherwise a nice unit.

Back