Dummies

jamaaljay

I figured that title would grab your attention..

Would you guys reccomend Pro Tools for dummies as a good reference guide.

I'm really having trouble setting up the MIDI. I just bought it a couple of days ago, let me know what you think.

well scientist,

It wasn't that I was trying to record midi tracks, I just wanted to get my Triton to be in sync with Pro Tools, I think I pretty much figured it out, now it's just an issue of this buzz that I am hearing when I record. Hopefully I just need better cables.

jamaaljay said:
well scientist,

It wasn't that I was trying to record midi tracks, I just wanted to get my Triton to be in sync with Pro Tools, I think I pretty much figured it out, now it's just an issue of this buzz that I am hearing when I record. Hopefully I just need better cables.

????? You asked for help on setting up midi......... and scientist gave you lionks to excellent beginner articles.

The buzzing problem of course has nothing to do with midi... if you're hearing a loud buzz, the problem is not with the cables imho, but probably with a ground loop or somesuch.

No, the midi I was asking about was in another sense. I figured it out last night though.

Basically i was asking how to slave my keyboard to protools via the midisport uno interface. I still wanted to record audio tracks though.

But a ground loop? I don't know, my keyboard is going straight into the MBox.

jamaaljay said:
No, the midi I was asking about was in another sense. I figured it out last night though.

Basically i was asking how to slave my keyboard to protools via the midisport uno interface. I still wanted to record audio tracks though.

But a ground loop? I don't know, my keyboard is going straight into the MBox.

It sounds like some sortt of interference..... wouldn't immediately suspect the cables tho.

Back