Computer wont recognize Iomega Jaz Drive

Kramer

My Compaq 5008 Computer will not recognize my external Jaz drive.

I downloaded the latest Software for my OS(Windows ME) and the Windows Me parallel Port Driver Under "SCSI Devices" and still no go.

When I click on Device Manager it just says "This device is either not present or not working properly".

After installing the software for the Drive and rebooting(and connecting the Jaz drive) Windows FOUND New Hardware and installed more drivers.

That should be it right?

Anybody got any ideas of which way I should go with this?

The Jaz drive is working properly.I'be been using it as a Back up for my VF 16.

Thanks for your time.

Kramer

Kramer,
assuming you are connecting the jaz to your parallel port - did you install the "Jaz traveller" parallel port adapter?

T

teainthesahara said:
Kramer,
assuming you are connecting the jaz to your parallel port - did you install the "Jaz traveller" parallel port adapter?

T

I have a 50-pin HDm to 50-pin HDf cable that connects to an Iomega 50HD to 25D cable converter.The Iomega 50HD to 25D cable converter would be the Jaz traveller right?There really isnt any other way to hook it up to the Parallel port without it right?

Is there software and drivers for the Jaz traveller?I wouldnt think an adapter would have to have software and drivers.

Thanks

Last edited:
I did a little more research and I dont have the Jaz traveller.I just have the SCSI adapter which fits the 25 pin Parallel port but doesnt work.I'll get one off e-bay right now.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!;)

Kramer

Back