Alesis Masterlink

MarkoPolo

I have Had mine for about a year. It gets used as much as my
mixer and recording gear, I dont know how I would get along with out it.
I just wanted to hear what others thought about the Masterlink
and its uses!

Any body use and or like the compression/limiting and the Normalize features in the masterlink. justr curious?

I use the Limiter often... not so much the EQ and I haven't used the normalize ever.

The on-board limiting beats the pants of the plugs that come with Cubase Sx and Sound Forge.

I use about 5-6db of limiting. Sometimes I burn a few different versions and use a little EQ just to see how they translate on other systems.

I got some of Harvey's head phones yesterday and was trying them on the Masterlink and realized I was getting a mono signal from the headphone jack. I tried another pair and still got mono. I tested both pairs on my mixer out and got stereo.

Is the Masterlink headphone jack only mono or is mine screwed up? Is there a mono/stereo setting somewhere?

To (Texroadkill) I do think something is wrong with the head phone jack in you Masterlink. I do not see anything in the menu's that could set it mono.

I figured out the problem. Maybe I am just an idiot (don't answer) but I've never experienced this one before.

I had setup the RCA outputs on the Masterlink to go directly to a DI and then into a JBL Eon so a band leader could play some CDs for his session musicians without messing with the console. By having both outputs going into the DI it had turned all the outputs on the Masterlink mono. The headphone jack and the XLR outputs were all sending a mono signal because of that. Once I unhooked the DI everything went back to stereo.

That's a new one for me.

Back