Superior Drummer 2.0 installation problems - PLEASE HELP!!

johnnyarrow1215

Hi everyone,

firstly I'd just like to say this is a great site and I've learnt so much already, but I have an incredibly frustrating problem -

I feel like I'm going mental, this is driving me mad!, bought Superior (v2.2) from Amazon a few days ago and I just cannot get it to install properly. I have Cubase Artist 7, win 7, 64 bit, 2.1Gz, 8 RAM.
I downloaded the latest version from Toontrack website (I think it was v2.3.1) but stil no luck. After putting in disc 1 I loaded up the superior installer ok, then I begun installing discs 2,3,4,5 for the sound library. This seems to complete ok but I can't find the main program anywhere?! There's no shortcut on my desktop, although I seem to have managed to install Toontrack Solo & Drumtracker ok (although they wont load or work due to a combo of error messages and having no 'pathways' to the sounds), and I cant find it in Cubase. I've updated the 'plugin information' tab in Cubase but still no luck.
Sorry about the lengthy message chaps, I'm sure you all know the score though.
Really appreciate any help. Will reply to any help within half a day each time.
Thanks in advance,

Johnny.

Hi there,

What you need to do is find the Superior Drummer dll file. This will probably be in a separate folder dedicated to VST Plugins in your Prog Files. You can then set Cubase to scan that folder in the Plugin Info screen you mentioned and press Update. SD should register and you'll be good to go.

Hi Bane01, thanks for your reply. I'm just at work now so I will act upon your guidance later once I get home.

Will post whether I get it sorted or not,

Cheers,

Johnny.

Bane01 - legend mate thanks, got it sorted! I cannot tell you what a fu*k about it was to get it all installed.

Now just got to learn how to use the damn thing :)

Back