Recording and photos of homemade subkick

breeeeza

Senior MemBREH
Recording and photos of homemade subkick i made last night. It sounds allright on my monitors but on my pc sounds crap. Just thought i would show people exactly what a homemade one looks like. The microphone is a bad speaker from an old speaker cab i bought years ago. I diddnt EQ the recording at all and havnt added any effects or anything. Obviously i am only using one mic and that is the subkick placed approx 1.5" infront of hole in bas drum. The line is Homemade sub kick - Behringer mixer - PC. With some work done to the EQ and adding possibly a compressor i think i could find a use for it. And also working with placement etc... This recording was just a very quick one i knocked up in 5 minutes. No messing around with placement or anything. It was just to give people a genural idea. :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=548991

wicked sounding kick there.........................I have an old ATC that's been reconed & unused

slidey said:
I have an old ATC that's been reconed & unused

that's what I'm gonna use..........it's been lying idle since it was fixed..............................not for much longer

Back