old ludwig set

eeb

I have a vintage ludwig drumset.. they're all chrome and i'm pretty sure they were made in 64 or 65.. it's just a 4 piece and is missing the hoop and legs for the bass drum but are in otherwise perfect shape.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell they actually are... i have a couple people interested on buying them

anyone know where i could find an old catalogue or something?

1965? Didn't know they made chrome until the early 70s, but I'm no expert on the subject.

However, I have a 1967 Blue Sparkle Ludwig kit and the date is stamped on the shell inside the bass drum. Have a look there.

Maybe also go to the forum on drummerworld and ask the same question.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php

Let us know what you find out.

that serial number website is how i figured out that they were either 64's or 65's but how do i figure out what model they are?

My Ludwig kit doesn't have serial numbers - help? I think it's 1960s, silver sparkle wrap finish with painted white inside shells.... I've been trying to figure what / how old it is for ages!

I may be wrong, but I think Ludwig only had one type of drum set back then. I know they had a few different snares, but I thought the kit was just a "standard for the day" maple Ludwig kit. It's not like things are now, where every company has a whole line with clever names and wood combinations.

I was gonna suggest carbon dating, but they need to be a little older than that.;) Sorry I can't help you guys out.

I have a vintage ludwig drumset.. they're all chrome and i'm pretty sure they were made in 64 or 65.. it's just a 4 piece and is missing the hoop and legs for the bass drum but are in otherwise perfect shape.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell they actually are... i have a couple people interested on buying them

anyone know where i could find an old catalogue or something?

For one, pictures would be a big help in IDing your kit. The big question I have is are they chrome wrap over a wood shell or are they solid metal/chrome finish drums? There's a major difference in value.

Back