EZ Drummer or Addictive Drums?

Phildo

I heart guitars!
Sorry about the cross-posting on this one (I've put it up in the Cubase forum, too)...

I'm just after people's impressions of the above VSTi's - ease of use, CPU overhead, etc - what do you guys think of them? I'm treating myself to one or other of them after Xmas, so I'd value any input you have.

I own EZDrummer and find the GUI very well done as well as the samples. I've been using it glitch free in Sonar 6, and have also invested in the Vintage Rock expansion. Have you listened to the audio samples at the EZ Drummer site yet?

Majority of the midi files are well done, but I've been programming drum parts myself on keyboard. You can also get 3rd party midi patterns if need be, and there are two additional expansions available.

Not heavy on the CPU in my experience with it. Only thing that I don't like about it is that if you've used it in a project, you need to open up the interface within your audio app in order to let the samples load. I guess it would be nice if they would just load in the background and be ready to go. That's not a showstopper for me - just something I need to keep in mind when I open projects and need to get working on them.

Great product IMO and a great price to boot.

Can't comment on Addictive Drums accept to say I visited the site and liked what I saw/heard. Looks like they include extra editing functionality, and have great samples as well. Looks like some extra goodies built-in too. Not sure if it's worth the extra cost over EZ, but it looks interesting.

ezdrummer is good, alltought I expected much more from ezx dfh. The kick kinda sounds like... hum... ass.... you can't get 50 different sounding hits, eqed individually then put em on random and think it will sound natural. It just doesn't flow, so you need loads of work on the kick. the snares are good, I usually mix 3-4 hits to make it real big, the cymbals are still lacking realism, though this is the best drum samples vst I've tried so far. Don't know for addictive drums...

ezdrummer is very light on cpu (uses about 150-250M of ram), which is good for me since i have to be cross platform when mixing
the drumkit from hell expansion for it was easily one of the worst things i'd ever heard though.

I'd add that I wasn't terribly impressed with the DKFH expansion for EZDrummer, but again, am highly impressed with the Vintage expansion. I like fatter drums sounds not the thin ones that seem to makeup the DKFH expansion.

Back