Did i get ripped?

RecordingIdiot

Not too long ago i was on the market for my first set of drum mics. I was so excited about making the purchase i wasnt completely thorough in my shopping and research. I spent $558 on these mics and didnt even get an actual kick drum mic. The salesman said the tom mics were so good that i could just get another tom mic for the kick, and thus be a cheaper price. But im now in the position where im doubting my buy. He sold me 1 audio technica "hienergy" snare mic...it has some numbers but i dont have it here in front of me. and three electro voice "n/d 468" tom/instrument mics ( once again the numbers might be wrong). I was just wondering if i made a good purchase and if the salesman was being completely honest with me.

thanx
shaun :confused:

I'm assuming the A/T mic is an ATM23HE or ATM63HE. These are all good mics. You didn't get ripped, but the salesman didn't really address all your needs, that's for sure. Is one of those 468s for the kick? Give it a try. Can't hurt. I've never used one on kick, but you never know. One nice thing is those EV mics will sound good on other sources as well. If it is an extra, I'd try to return it and get a kick mic. You can save some money on e-bay, you can get many good kick mics for your money. If you can't return it try to sell it privately. They make good horn/guitar amp mics. Also maybe look into an inexpensive pair of condensers for overheads.

i have tried the mic live and it sounds fine, but my band was trying to cut a rough demo and it sounded terrible. oh well, good to know i didnt get ripped off. thanks

Back