Would you consider buying a used microphone post COVID?

Screenshot 2021-01-01 155552.png

Is purchasing a microphone from Radio Shack a serious offense at HR? Am I banned?

Smoking weed coats your lungs and makes you immune to COVID.

Last edited:
In a word, Yes. CV is just another virus among thousands of viruses in our environment which up until this year everyone pretty much ignored. Notice how nobody gets the flu anymore? If you get sick from anything now, it's CV. I would treat a used mic the same way I have always treated a mic that is used by another person, even my own band members, I spray it down with Lysol and let it dry.

I got a rider from a well known female singer. If you have SM58s, we're happy to use them, but please, make sure they don't smell like my drummer's armpit.

I would worry if it works or not. The virus can be denatured by letting the Mic sit in full sunlight as ultraviolet is how surgical instruments are sterilized. Too much worry about this virus especially for younger healthy people.

What about those mic bags? Disposable microphone condoms?

Screenshot 2021-01-09 141527.jpg

I just got a box of unwanted microphones to try. I'm staying vigilant with COVID. I might boil them on the stove.

MXL R40
MXL 991 modded with ebay kit
MXL 990 ill try to fix broken
Beyerdynamic M58
EV Co7
Nady D-100 Broken

What about those mic bags? Disposable microphone condoms?

View attachment 107792

I just got a box of unwanted microphones to try. I'm staying vigilant with COVID. I might boil them on the stove.

MXL R40
MXL 991 modded with ebay kit
MXL 990 ill try to fix broken
Beyerdynamic M58
EV Co7
Nady D-100 Broken

Why not do something else and let someone else sing. Then you will have a worry free life.

Last edited:
If you're doing the mod on the 991, why not do a good comparison of before an after. You always read the claims about how upgrading xxxx or yyyy made the mic clear/removed the veils/smoothed out the top/fixed the bottom, etc etc. I have yet to hear a convincing comparison of before and after. Instead, you get flowery language. Nobody ever says "It didn't do squat", or "It completely screwed it up".

Set up your Roland, and mark an amp so you can place the mic in exactly the same spot. That way everything is the same except for the caps. I would be interested in hearing the differences.

Why not do something else and let someone else sing. Then you will have a worry/paranoid free life.

The home recording artist can be a Jack of all trades.

When the country opens up and things are safe, I plan on seeing some old friends.

Don't believe the lies.

2021 is all truth.

If its microphone advertisements, people, politics...Don't believe the lies.

Yeah - I go off topic...so. Its good chit chat.

I told you I been using the same guitar gear. Yeah, did the sampling and Hexapickup for ADAT. That is different.

Playing the same guitar at 15 as 46. I cannot find a pic with my ADA gear too. But look at that RADIO SHACK microphone.
View attachment 107704

View attachment 107708View attachment 107707

????? Same glasses for 31 years too???

Oh......your post #97 from a week ago. You show 2 pics....both with your red strat but 31 years apart....I think. Looks like you have the same glasses on in both pics. Important stuff here.

..both with your red strat but 31 years apart....I think. Looks like you have the same glasses on in both pics. Important stuff here.

I am a time traveller sent from the future. A worm hole was created so I could pull off a SAME glasses prank. My mission is not over till I eliminate Sarah Connor. Long Live Skynet!

Beak mans got a plan..

I hear you can take a bedroom humidifier and fill it with 80 % alcohol . Place the object to be disinfected in the mist..

Please don't do this! You'd create an extreme room-size explosion hazard within 15 minutes, far more dangerous even than the alcohol in liquid form, because you've mixed it with the oxygen in the air. Basically the same as the inside of a cylinder in a petrol engine, just before the spark plug initiates ignition. You might as well drop a match into a gas tank.

Please don't do this! You'd create an extreme room-size explosion hazard within 15 minutes, far more dangerous even than the alcohol in liquid form, because you've mixed it with the oxygen in the air. Basically the same as the inside of a cylinder in a petrol engine, just before the spark plug initiates ignition. You might as well drop a match into a gas tank.

I agree that would be a recipe for bad things. How did I miss that post? Totally a horrible idea...

Ah no. I builds hot rods and wild turbo's.

Where is the compression genius? No compression no explosion.

No it will not explode. A open flame hazard but no explosions dont be silly.

Back