Worst Music Trends of All time

Damn...I must be getting old. I watched that Attack Attack vid, and I actually kinda liked it. Oh well, gotta go cut some grass.

Damn...I must be getting old. I watched that Attack Attack vid, and I actually kinda liked it. Oh well, gotta go cut some grass.

You're so old that you've gone past the elitist music snob stage and will like whatever you want just because you want to. The problem is, the hot young chicks still think you're a creepy old man in an Attack-Attack T-shirt. :laughings:

LOL @ the chaps all having the same hairstyle. The keyboard player looks to have a head wound in his future. Who are the Beatles? :D

Intentionally spelling stuff wrong is pretty dumb. So even though I don't know WTF "nu-metal" is, I agree it sucks.

Death metal lyrics are pretty fucking stupid. None of these guys want to admit that all this morbid shit is just a cop out and that they don't actually have anything to say.

Ah fuck it. I don't even know what the trends are these days. Nor do I care.

Haha just watched the first 30 seconds of that Attack Attack video...

I swear headbanging like that HAS to lower your instrument-playing abilities (if they have any lol) by at least half!

I actually liked the first few seconds of the song up until the singer started to sing. They auto tuned the shit out of his crappy voice. I've played metal my whole life and have never had the urge to hop up and down like a fucking Easter bunny, run in place, or act like I am having sex with my guitar while bouncing up and down and running in place. What a bunch of fucktards is all I can say. Also what is will all the breakdowns? It kind of loses its meaning when you have one every 25 seconds. Is this just a short lived trend? I really fucking hope so! This will have a nice place in my trash can right next to any person that wants to be like them. Just my two cents........sorry had a miserable day, just letting some of the anger out.

I actually liked the first few seconds of the song up until the singer started to sing. They auto tuned the shit out of his crappy voice. I've played metal my whole life and have never had the urge to hop up and down like a fucking Easter bunny, run in place, or act like I am having sex with my guitar while bouncing up and down and running in place. What a bunch of fucktards is all I can say. Also what is will all the breakdowns? It kind of loses its meaning when you have one every 25 seconds. Is this just a short lived trend? I really fucking hope so! This will have a nice place in my trash can right next to any person that wants to be like them. Just my two cents........sorry had a miserable day, just letting some of the anger out.

If Attack! Attack! Stickly Sickly doesn't evoke that repsonse in you - THAT'S WHEN YOU NEED TO START WORRYING

Intentionally spelling stuff wrong is pretty dumb. So even though I don't know WTF "nu-metal" is, I agree it sucks.
For some reason, Beatles, Byrds, Monkees, Muthas, Split Enz, Led Zeppelin, Creem, 'Kinks kontroversy', "Mama, weer all crazee now", "c u m on feel the noize" and misspellings like that didn't seem so stupid back in the day. There was something kind of novel about them, possibly because they were rare~ish, few and far between. But since the late 80s/early 90s all those misspellings {'Niggaz', 'Erykah', 'Boyz 2 men' and their ilk} have gone overboard. I guess because my generation were made to make sure we got spellings right, it really irritates me ! A daft trend if there ever was one.

the beatles.

You're joking, right? I never in my life met a person who actually disliked the Beatles. I ate it up, and still eat it up. The talk about how bad rap/hip-hop is, rightfully so, is because we had standards set by these guys and thousdands of others, too.

Anyway, I just discovered this chick from Sweden a year ago (even though she's been around for about 4 years now). I've only found 2 songs that I like from her, what is it, like three albums from her thus far? But you gotta admit, she's better watching than most of the chicks coming up the channels. :)

Haha I totally feel where you're coming from. My thoughts were always that if I, as a guitarist, have the time and energy during a song to pretty-much hump my guitar, then I'm not putting enough effort and feeling into the song. And yeah, the breakdowns suck in this song. That's something I've noticed too....all up-and-coming metal bands put breakdowns (at least one, if not more) in most all of their songs, and the band will tend to think it's the most epic thing ever, while the audience just zones out.

You're joking, right? I never in my life met a person who actually disliked the Beatles.

I can't stand The Beatles.

I also can't stand the semi-baritone/pseudo-Eddie Vedder vocals that became popular a few years ago and then for some reason really took off in Christian comtemporary music.

Back