Worst Music Trends of All time

Absolutepower

I'm going to start #1 with what I think to be the worst (although I could be wrong)
#1 "Nu-Metal"
Ohhhh, man whiny ass bands, going on about how sad and how much of loser they are. The worst guitar sounds, no solos whatsoever, such a negative downer with horrible musicianship. Everything about it is bad.
#2 "Jam Bands"
Anyone remember this fad a few years ago. Neo-hippy boring type guys just noodling around for hours and impersonating dave mathews or something. So awful, I almost put this in the #1 spot.

I can think of a bunch more I'm not crazy about, but compared to these 2 genres, they all actually seem pretty good lol. Even cookie monster style death metal is a welcome relief :laughings:.Please add to the list, and submit your vote for who will land in the top spot.

this whole "-core" trend going on right now might be worse than nu metal
like, if ass was to sound like something it would sound like that. if you make it through that whole video you'll just want to scream the c word for some reason.

on a side note: Just had a chance to preview Limp Bizkit's upcoming album...

"Douchebag. Imma fuck you up. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you up"
"Douchebag. Imma fuck you up. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you up"

Looks like Fred's really upped the ante in terms of songwriting on this one.

Home recording.

lol

- im surprised attack attack wasnt in the OP

im kinda irritated with all the rap songs that just sample the hook from an 80's song and then use it for... wait for it... the hook. Vanilla Ice really showed the industry how to recycle hits. fucking commercial radio is a scourge.

Haha just watched the first 30 seconds of that Attack Attack video...

I swear headbanging like that HAS to lower your instrument-playing abilities (if they have any lol) by at least half!

I'd say rap, but sadly that's not a trend. It's an actual, viable genre. First and foremost, rap/hip-hop is the worst of all the musical genres.

I'm not familiar with trends in latino, or pop, or country, so I can't answer to those, but in rock I'd have to say:

1) prog
2) indie hipster acoustic rock
3) nu-metal
4) "core" bands
5) hair metal

Hahhaha, I watched that video. You know its bad when within 2 seconds you're already thinking "you gotta be kidding me". I wasn't aware stuff that bad existed.
Some random thoughts. Prog rock isn't inherently bad, its just ruined by the kind of people who play it. There's nothing "rock" about it any more, it lost all that spirit. Nowadays its played exclusively by ultra music-nerds, who think that the measure of how good a tune is from how many time signature changes and unusual chords they can use. Wow, sooo sophisticated I'm impressed...:rolleyes:.

Which leads me to the "incorporating unusual instruments" trend. With this gimmick bands reason that their music is inherently better because they have x instrument not usually used in rock. Nobody else does that, wow you're so unique! :rolleyes: Kazoos are especially annoying, and no they're not "fun".

Snoop Doggy Dogg wasn't bad as far as hip hop goes. He made fresh, funky lo-fi beats instead of sampling classic rock songs anyway.

you have to watch the entire attack attack video to really appreciate the FAIL - it keeps topping itself

I had never in my life heard of Attack Attack. I watched the video in its entirety. I swore it was a joke. It had to be a joke. A parody band or something, right? Then I realized that there are really some twisted sisters out there who enjoy that and consider it a real band. I saw some other videos of theirs that were equally confusing.
By the way, my wife decided that's her new favorite band - just because the FAIL is so massive.

you have to watch the entire attack attack video to really appreciate the FAIL - it keeps topping itself

Nothing beats the gaiety of this ....

Rubbish!!!!! Who actually bought into this tripe?

Sterile pop music.

Again, Pure rubbish and the whole world at it right up...

It is a trend casue no one looks as ugly as that anymore.

Back