Woohooo! Divorce Sale!!!

Somnium7

Noise Criminal
Well, she took our savings account before I could so something has to go. :rolleyes:

Right now I'm looking at my most expensive piece of gear :(. I love it dearly but I'll pick up another when the smoke clears.

DBX 162SL Dual Compressor Limiter. Very low hours - I've only had it for 3 months. Look like brand new and works just as good.

I'm thinking $1500 is fair to start. I have the manual and warranty card in the original box. You can read about this big purple people eater here...
http://www.dbxpro.com/162SL/162SL.php

I'm a good-guy. Will consider offers...

I'll post an actual pic later this evening.

Please make reasonable offers, I will consider all.

Hear this unit in action
http://www.somnium7.com/

Tracks 1 and 8 in the Flash player. The 162 was used on the entire mix. You may not like the music but I guarantee you won't hear the compressor working.

Really a VERY transparent machine. Has Peak Stop Plus too which is best used for live sound. Setting the ratio to infinity gives a much better limiting effect.

bump for Somnium.

more than a good guy, and I'll back it with my personal experience

get his stuff- now! :)

Gearslutz would probably work if I had some reputation there. I'm not even a member yet.

I guess I gotta do Ebay. $1300 is a freakin STEAL so it should go quick.

[self edited] in any case, i'm sorry about what's going on and good luck!

Last edited:
I've got zero rep at GS, or I'd plug it there. I'll bump it here :)

I'm also very sorry to hear what's happening -- take care!

edit: some bump -- 45 seconds after your last post :) -- I'll try again later.

I'm sorry to hear it. I'm a regular on GS so I'll plug it there for you.

Edit: OK - Done. I put up your auction link in the GS classifieds.

thanks man,

Leave it to the wife to up and split at rent time with all your money when you are between jobs - real sweet ;)

Anyhow, here's the listing on Ebay now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160247778510

Dang ! You're right down the street from me. I would have loved to have been able to get it. But drats. Unfortunately, my next job, which had been on the books for about 6 months, fell through last night. I am a contractor so I have to scramble now. I'll watch it though.

Danny

Dang ! You're right down the street from me. I would have loved to have been able to get it. But drats. Unfortunately, my next job, which had been on the books for about 6 months, fell through last night. I am a contractor so I have to scramble now. I'll watch it though.

Danny

Hey man, nice to see another neighbor up here. I'm also a contractor. If the old lady hadn't waited till I was between contracts I wouldn't have had to sell my purple people eater. I've been scrambling to get a new contract worked out but damn the agencies are so slow it's painful. I also applied for a permanent job and it looks as though I might get hired there before my next contract is finished the negotiating stage :eek:
WTF?

Yeah keep your eye on the auction. For me it's exciting. Especially since that's this months rent - or not :D

Hey man, nice to see another neighbor up here. I'm also a contractor. If the old lady hadn't waited till I was between contracts I wouldn't have had to sell my purple people eater. I've been scrambling to get a new contract worked out but damn the agencies are so slow it's painful. I also applied for a permanent job and it looks as though I might get hired there before my next contract is finished the negotiating stage :eek:
WTF?

Yeah keep your eye on the auction. For me it's exciting. Especially since that's this months rent - or not :D

What's your specialty ?

I'm into Web Development.
How about you?

I'm a building contractor. I normally keep a 6 to 9 month backlog. I haven't hasd a commitment cancellation in 10 years or more. Screwy thing is, the customer is retired civil service, house is paid for and his wife works with my wife at the Bank of Hampton Roads. So how is a slowdown going to hurt someone like that ? But if people really want to see things get bad, they will for sure if stupid stuff like that becomes the norm.

Thanks for the PM. I'll watch ebay tonight and in the AM. I have to go to my neices graduation tomorrow evening. Unfortunately, it's in North Carolina.

Danny

Sounds like your day will almost be as busy as mine Danny. Congrats to your niece :)

Yeah sounds like you got the bad end of the stick with that deal. People sure do seem flaky these days when it comes to business. Early last month I was talking to a recruiter about a contract and he sounded like they needed the position filled yesterday. Called me every day for a week asking me about my availability to meet the clients. Then I didn't hear from him for awhile. I sent an email and got no response. Today a message comes from the guy basically saying I can go meet the client anytime this week or next week. I gave up on it weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Whatever. Going to DC again tomorrow for a 2nd meeting for this new gig I mentioned before. Seems like a done deal if the money is in range. Even if it isn't in range I'll take it if they promise me a paycheck before the 1st of next month. :D

Good luck should you decide to bid on my auction!! At least the shipping will be a no brainer ;)

Back