What's goin' on with everybody

My usual method of executionfor these critters
:
330px-Dragonslayervermithraxp.jpg
how smart you are depends on where youre at...youre sittin pretty Spants'

Last edited:
I was on a walk, though months ago, last winter, and saw a sign on someone's front porch, "Don't give up!" and thought about how too often that happens with me in life. I have an offer to perform, the host paying $20 plus tips for forty minutes of music before an evening of a quite popular open mic. It would be a first time very rare for me paid gig since last April when I got $20 and a free meal for 50 minutes. Being paid nowadays is I think rare in this economic decline. So many struggling to be heard, but going on a rare trip biking and camping now delayed and had to cancel this performance, but I did so 3 weeks before, so not suddenly. It's August 12th and suppose to be on stage September seventh I think it is or was. Also a lot of it's my confindence in steep decline, the worst, and not touching my guitar for one month! I can see that sign again and remind myself of the degree I take things for granted and how negative I can be about myself.

Oh, there was a post far back from the beginning of this thread, 56 pages... where a musician said he was trying open tunings and how weird it was. For me when I discovered an open tuning open D DADF#AD but to better adjust to my voice even lower to open C or CGCEGC. It was for me like I had a different instrument in my hands kind of experience.

Such a musical experience reminds me too of a novella I wrote (of course never published ha) based on a true story about 2 brothers who went into the forest to cut firewood. A tree fell on the other brother and killed him. In shock he went into a kind of coma-like state, remained in a rocking chair before the window in the direction he and his brother had went, for 4 days. My brother and I were leaving to cut firewood and an old friend who was visiting warned us of that occurrence that had happened in his life, only for him it was in the 1920's so he was quite a bit older.

Years later a man visited our old farm while I was caring for my aging mother. I made dinner for him and his granddaughter. He said he lived there 60 years before and said the original homesteader was cutting firewood, a Father-in-law, with his Son-in-law, so not exactly the same. They were cutting firewood in the same forest behind the farm and a tree fell on the son and killed him. That story struck me as I, before this man came out of the blue to visit, had been working on that novella. I wrote the story entering the mind of the boy who was in the coma for 4 days and nights.

Back then, a good ten years before that dinner with that man and his grandaughter... meaning back to the day my brother and I were about to cut firewood and that story shared impacted my brother who was an artist. He had my younger brother sit in a rocker facing out our north window, posing for his amazing 4x6 foot pencil drawing I'm not exaggerating was right up there in talent with American artist Andrew Wyeth. Anyways he asked me to write a story about all of that to go with the drawing. So when I wrote it I had the rule to tell the story through this boy's mind's eye with the restriction that all the story must be told from his view out that window. There were the seasons of warm sun and icy winter storms up to the incident. I see open tuning like that, a window, but a very strict restriction, that now away from Standard Tuning I must go on my musical journey through a window I didn't see through before. It is a restriction for me as I I'm not talented enough to stay in standard tuning and transpose key signatures like the real artists do. It's like a musician who told me he doesn't like capos and amazingly transposes into any key signature to match any tune he wants. I don't know why I just said all of that, but not touching my guitar is like a kind of death, a kind of "giving up". So I chose, and empahsis on the "I", that there is no wood for my fire. They say one can go through many births and deaths in life and that is one. It's like the kindling is there but I'm making no spark. I might try a different open tuning, but must find my resonance again. My warning unto myself and to anyone else here... "Don't Give Up".

"Don't Give Up".
you can practice until they become just toys and you are their master..

whats wrong with capo's now..i dont get it. just sing higher. structure should be the same...its just shifted and pissed up

Transpose and retune the strings? that is redundant. just use a capo. much quicker. to your advantage to do so. its no piano, man..

Last edited:
you can practice until they become just toys and you are their master..

whats wrong with capo's now..i dont get it. just sing higher. structure should be the same...its just shifted and pissed up

Transpose and retune the strings? that is redundant. just use a capo. much quicker. to your advantage to do so. its no piano, man..
Hi! Thanks for your wise advice and taking the time! I meant that that seasoned musician said in standard tuning he can play in any key and not need a capo because he plays bar chords and other chords and without hesitation he can play in any key to any song, amazing to me! He doesn't have to re-tune the strings or use a capo.

It's so hot outside.

"HOW HOT IS IT?"

It's so hot outside, my wi-fi router shut down. At first, I just thought it was my ISP doing some kind of maintenance - they were at it last weekend. Then after an hour or so, I reasoned it wasn't them because they usually do their maintenance in the wee hours while I'm trying to sleep. So I unplugged the ethernet modem feed from the wi-fi router and plugged it straight into my desktop. BOING!! I now have an internet connection. Cool! I felt the top of the router and it was very warm. Then I unplugged the router's power and let it sit for a minute, then plugged it back in. After it cycled through everything and settled down, I reconnected the ethernet cables, raised it up another inch for better ventilation, and wi-fi was back - on all but one of my devices. So what's up with that!? My laptop wouldn't reconnect.

Nothing I did would restore my laptop's wi-fi connection. After 20 minutes of ****ing around with it, I leaned back in my chair with a sinking feeling in my gut. All other times, this would automatically reconnect the instant wi-fi and/or internet was available. Why was this not happening now? Dunno.

Then, as I was reaching to shut down the laptop in disgust, the connection appeared. BOING! It was up and running like nothing had happened. Now this laptop is, like, 6-8 feet from the wi-fi router and has always had a very strong signal - why did it take 20 minutes to acquire this time? More Windows 11 BS ? Perhaps.

I'm so stressed out. When Jimmy (Page) called, I had to tell him I couldn't make it today.

Last edited:
Capos are useful to guitar players who know how to use them throughout their set list when performing on stage.

I've got a nice, new capo - my first. I tried it out and found it kind of awkward when playing open chords on the first two frets. I use my last three fingers to make the Am, E and Em formations, which leaves my first finger bumping up against the capo.

I've got a nice, new capo - my first. I tried it out and found it kind of awkward when playing open chords on the first two frets. I use my last three fingers to make the Am, E and Em formations, which leaves my first finger bumping up against the capo.
Keep at it! Eventually, you'll grow accustomed to it. What type of capo are you using?

Picked this up this morning for a hundred dollars. Don't ask me why. I have been trying to convince myself that every decision I make, just
turn around and do the opposite.k1.jpg

Attachments

• k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 5
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nice looking combo there. Growing up and into music, I had no idea Kustom made anything other than PA systems, because all the local bands had a Kustom PA with that beautiful Roll-n-Tuck, metalflake covering. Blue is my favorite.

Some Specs :

Last edited:
I can't win. I plug the am in, it plays okay but all the pots are really bad. I take the amp out, spray up all the pots with contact cleaner, put it
back together and nothing. Won't turn on. The fun begins.

Well, the 8:12 tee time was a total washout. The rain is supposed to clear out in another 20 or 30 mins, but things will be too soggy to play. More rain coming in the afternoon. Maybe tomorrow will be the day to walk on.

Crazy weather coming soon. This is the week's forecast. They are saying that the models are predicting around 100 for next week. Yippee! I guess I better get the grass cut before the weekend.

1692021842967.jpeg

Well, the 8:12 tee time was a total washout. The rain is supposed to clear out in another 20 or 30 mins, but things will be too soggy to play. More rain coming in the afternoon. Maybe tomorrow will be the day to walk on.

Crazy weather coming soon. This is the week's forecast. They are saying that the models are predicting around 100 for next week. Yippee! I guess I better get the grass cut before the weekend.

View attachment 132198
There oughta be someone you could talk to about that.

I can't win. I plug the am in, it plays okay but all the pots are really bad. I take the amp out, spray up all the pots with contact cleaner, put it
back together and nothing. Won't turn on. The fun begins.
I once spilled a cold beer onto and into the transport section of my Tascam 688. This instantly scrambled all the displays and effectively locked up the transport mechanism. I immediately unplugged and went to it with a blow drier for about 20 minutes, then let it sit overnight. Next day everything worked like new and never had another problem with it.

I once spilled a cold beer onto and into the transport section of my Tascam 688. This instantly scrambled all the displays and effectively locked up the transport mechanism. I immediately unplugged and went to it with a blow drier for about 20 minutes, then let it sit overnight. Next day everything worked like new and never had another problem with it.
I have all the right voltages coming off the power supply. +40 volts off one filter cap and -40 off the other.The only schematic I can find is half schematic and half block diagram. It shows the power supply but the rest of it is just block diagrams. There is a thermocoupler shown in the power supply, the fuse is good. I don't know what the thermocoupler looks like or where it is on the boards. I think I know which component it is? I measure no voltage on it and when unplugged there is no continuity across it. I show -40 volts at the on indicator lamp which does not light. It show -40 on one output transistor leg and 0 where the +40 should be on the other output transistor. I just pulled the transistor and am about to check that.

Attachments

• kustom_k100c-6_sch.pdf
    45.2 KB · Views: 3
A nightmare with a happy ending.:thumbs up:

Back