What we produced in our twenties...

So, in essence, not different, just the amount applied? I got my first band together and married my wife where the pyramids are now.
They moved the frickin pyramids? :eek: What's next? They'll have us staying locked down in our houses wearing mask n shit while our fearless leader eats P&J sandwiches with chocolate milk ...what a world ,what a world! I want a P&J sandwich with Chocolate milk!

They moved the frickin pyramids? :eek:
Ra began building the first pyramid in what is now Arizona or Nevada. Dismantled it all and moved construction to Egypt where there was a higher population of slave laborers and more sandstone.

There was a rock band in Yorkshire called Limelight, are you any connection?
Sadly no - went to Yorkshire onc e but so full of flat caps and whippets. For our US friends, that is a joke.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 22.13.08.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 22.13.08.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Sadly no - went to Yorkshire onc e but so full of flat caps and whippets. For our US friends, that is a joke.
Hmm...we live in shoe boxes too and eat Yorkshire pudding each day.
Anyway to highlight your day, pointing out just a few of us dog ferrit Yorkshire redknecks. I am sure our USA friends love us and do BTW.

John McLaughlin Guitarist. Pioneeer of Jaz Fusion. Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Mick Ronson. Bowie Spiders From Mars and record producer.

Robert Palmer Addicted to Love fame.

David Bowie's grandparents born in Leeds Yorkshire, David Bowie's father born in Doncaster Yorkshire. Where would music culture be without Bowie?

Chris Rea guitarist The Road to Hell

Gary Husband Drummer Level 42 Jack Bruce Billy Cobham John McLaughlin's group The 4th Dimension Jeff Beck.

Stefan Khacheturian Drummer extraordinaire and Snare Drumming Master of England.

Human League ect ect

ABC Shoot That Poison Arrow, The Look of Love etc etc.

Caberet Voltaire Experimental electronic music.

Bradford birth of Gothrock music

Joe Cocker

Kaiser Chiefs

Def Leppard

Ed Sheeran

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
So, in essence, not different, just the amount applied? I got my first band together and married my wife where the pyramids are now.
No, it was the reverb units of the time and how they were produced. Reverb production which is a big secret is no where near what it was then, that was the point I was making. Production is an art form that evolved form the late 70s/early 80s..spawning maverick producers such as Steve Lillywhite.

No, it was the reverb units of the time and how they were produced. Reverb production which is a big secret is no where near what it was then, that was the point I was making. Production is an art form that evolved form the late 70s/early 80s..spawning maverick producers such as Steve Lillywhite.
I had two yamaha rev5s at one time and a lexicon which I just traded for a small Pulse amp

Attachments

• pulse.jpeg
    pulse.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 1
No music but at about sixteen years old practicing for party after a prom. The band for the prom dropped out at the last minute and we
got called in for that also. I made over a hundred an hour that night, best I have ever done. The little skinny guy with the dark curly hair.
I was playing a burgundy Madeira Mosrite clone at the time. It was a pretty nice guitar.

Attachments

• jerstev.jpg
    jerstev.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I think that's Alex Van Halen back there on drums.
So I decided to take a closer look and copied DW's picture and pasted it in my image manipulation software Irfanview ( good free shit) It automatically reversed it which I thought you did intentionally. I reversed it back to Jerry's post enlarged and lightened it..Nope that is not Alex Vh on the drums...but it's coincidental as I was speaking with the drummer in the 76 / 77 videos I posted here and he was saying just yesterday how underrated Alex VH is that he puts him in the top 10 drummers in the history of recorded music...with of course Buddy Rich being #1... Alex is bad ass drummer...not to say the drummer in the picture isn't . it's just not Alex.

1665250952104.png

So I decided to take a closer look and copied DW's picture and pasted it in my image manipulation software Irfanview ( good free shit) It automatically reversed it which I thought you did intentionally. I reversed it back to Jerry's post enlarged and lightened it..Nope that is not Alex Vh on the drums...but it's coincidental as I was speaking with the drummer in the 76 / 77 videos I posted here and he was saying just yesterday how underrated Alex VH is that he puts him in the top 10 drummers in the history of recorded music...with of course Buddy Rich being #1... Alex is bad ass drummer...not to say the drummer in the picture isn't . it's just not Alex.
Now your's is the reversed image! AAaaahhhhh! 😱

OK then. If that's not Alex, then that must be Brian May on 2nd guitar..

No music but at about sixteen years old practicing for party after a prom. The band for the prom dropped out at the last minute and we
got called in for that also. I made over a hundred an hour that night, best I have ever done. The little skinny guy with the dark curly hair.
I was playing a urgundy Madeira Mosrite clone at the time. It was a pretty nice guitar.
That's sweet.

My buddy playing next to me who has now passed was first clarinet in the all state band in N.J.
No small feat. He could play a mean sax. He always played bass for me. He could sit down with
an acoustic guitar and entertain you for hours. He wound up being a luthier in Barcelona for about
thirty years. He would come back to the states every year and half the time spend a few days at
my place hanging out and partying.

My buddy playing next to me who has now passed was first clarinet in the all state band in N.J.
No small feat. He could play a mean sax. He always played bass for me. He could sit down with
an acoustic guitar and entertain you for hours. He wound up being a luthier in Barcelona for about
thirty years. He would come back to the states every year and half the time spend a few days at
my place hanging out and partying.
Really cool guy .. 8-)

They moved the frickin pyramids? :eek: What's next? They'll have us staying locked down in our houses wearing mask n shit while our fearless leader eats P&J sandwiches with chocolate milk ...what a world ,what a world! I want a P&J sandwich with Chocolate milk!
No the pyramids were not moved. We just happened to get married before they were built.

Reactions: TAE
Back