What recording/mixing software are you using?

What recording software are you using?

• Sound Forge

Votes: 62 5.9%
  • N-Track

Votes: 32 3.0%
  • Ableton Live

Votes: 65 6.2%
  • Sonar Studio

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • Sonar Producer

Votes: 163 15.5%
  • Pro Tools

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • Cubase

Votes: 271 25.8%
  • Tracktion

Votes: 25 2.4%
  • Digital Performer

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • Logic Pro

Votes: 87 8.3%
  • Image Line

Votes: 24 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 333 31.7%

• Total voters
Im Using Garageband Bab, And I Love It!!

GARAGEBAND is awesome and so simeple - dope software ints. and
easy editing/etc

anyone else?

Acoustica Mixcraft.

Anyone knows how this compares to Cakewalk/Alesis/ProTools in ease of use and features?

Mike

T-3

T3's out going to get it soon. :D

Seen it around for $250 im happy with tracktion 1.7/2 Does what I want and thats what realy matters. :cool:

Goes great with RME-800 :D

If it works for you stick with it :D

My 2 Watts

Well, I'm a musician, don't want to be a producer or engineer. I'll leave that to the pros! I've used Sonar 6 PE, Cubase, N-Track, Pro-tools 7 and I've shelved them all. T3 may be the musicians dream come true. Extremely easy to use, VERY intuitive, great mastering tools and I've accomplished at least twice the amount in half the time than any other DAW out there, and it sounds better!

If I was interested in being a producer I may go with Sonar 6 PE or Pro-Tools 7.3. but T3 does exactly what I want it to do. Won't ever go back to anything else again.

Gabriel_0 said:
If I was interested in being a producer I may go with Sonar 6 PE or Pro-Tools 7.3. but T3 does exactly what I want it to do. Won't ever go back to anything else again.

Gabriel, if T3 is so good to you, why might you use the others if you were
"interested in being a producer?"

Thanks

Reilley said:
Gabriel, if T3 is so good to you, why might you use the others if you were
"interested in being a producer?"

Thanks

Hypothetical question. I have no desires to be a producer. But if I was, wouldn't it make sense to master every major DAW on the market? My Chances of landing a good job with any studio would increase dramatically ... ;)

Gabriel

I think mastering one will give the skills to work efficiently with any of them once you understand their routings and work flow differences (i.e. where everything is, they should all have the same core features)

I've used Krystal for awhile but its pretty featureless, though it supports .VST plugins. I may decide to try Reaper out and see how I like it.

Tracktion 3

I started with n tracks
it started to restart my pos computer.
had a working version of tracktion 1.7 with my esi sound card.
Installed was recording in 5 minutes sold on it getting T3 now.
I have posted on this thread before
If it works for you thats all that matters in the end :D

Back