What recording/mixing software are you using?

What recording software are you using?

• Sound Forge

Votes: 62 5.9%
  • N-Track

Votes: 32 3.0%
  • Ableton Live

Votes: 65 6.2%
  • Sonar Studio

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • Sonar Producer

Votes: 163 15.5%
  • Pro Tools

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • Cubase

Votes: 271 25.8%
  • Tracktion

Votes: 25 2.4%
  • Digital Performer

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • Logic Pro

Votes: 87 8.3%
  • Image Line

Votes: 24 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 333 31.7%

• Total voters
Pro Tools LE 7.0... only TDM could make me happier... although i sometimes use good ol' Cool Edit Pro on my windows machine. it's great for making .wav ringtones of your own stuff!

Still with Sonar2.2 for multitrack and editing/2track done in Audition1.5.

No plans to update or change horses just yet. I am getting a little tired of some of Auditions limitations, none of which the 2.0 update addresses. CD creation is still so lame when it should be simple to make a "what you hear is what you burn" from the multitrack view. They should have tackled Formant control in pitch transforms by now too. I'm considering Samplitude Master but not in any rush, I can get by.

Hi, I have Used a Few Different Multi-tracking Softwares But most seem to me set up Mostly For Midi Stuff and have very Limited features For Live Instruments...

That Is Why I couldn"t work with Cubase or Sonar Pluss there Interface seems Geared More Towards Computer Geeks than Musicians.....

I liked N-Track Studio and used it up untill I Found "Mackie Traction 2.1" which I found to be extremely easy to use and I liked that I can record From Multiple Different Sound Cards at the Same Time when useing the "ASIO4ALL" Drivers but I mostly use my Delta 44......

So if there are any Non-Midi Musicians out there and Haven"t tried Traction 2 you should Give it a Look....

Cheers

For midi work: PowerTracks Pro

For audio (grand piano recording): Audacity

I've found no need to spend hundreds of dollars for excellent results.

Just my opinion....

fenderlady said:
Do you feel that Cubase has improved since Yamaha bought them?

I have Cubase SX3......but I have NO knowledge any upgrades have been out since Yamaha took the company over. I do expect for some of the Yamaha mixers to be working well with Cubase since they have both ends to work with. But from my study I would NEVER use the mLAN system that works with Yamaha mixer or controlers like the 01X. It is a real bitch to learn and keep working according to advise I see on the forums.
Choctaw

A persons belief is not always TRUE

StarvingEyes said:
i think most people choosing "other" are using cool edit pro...

Belief is not KNOWLEDGE..........just cause you think marking OTHER means they are using Cool Edit Pro does not mean that statement is true. Show me the proof which means where are the FACTS...and are the facts true or false.

Choctaw

I just recently switched over to Sonar 5 Producer from Protools LE when I needed to do a surround mix and found out what it would cost in Protools! :eek:
So far, I'm really loving Sonar - but I've yet to hit a crunch time with it :D

Tracktion 2

The only thing I don't like about it is that many of the features are drag-and-drop. If you are using a laptop and would prefer not to plug an external mouse into it, don't get Tracktion. You will go insane, using the laptop's touch pad. Everything else is a sinch, though. Now that I've gotten used to it, I have absolutely no desire to try another program.

Anything of Steinberg, trying Nuendo soon.
Its nice when I get it for free :D

Ps; with the risk of getting flamed :eek: , I get it for free legaly, the guys at Steinberg are great.
Giving me theire whole product linr for free.
I`m an authorized salesman, so thats why :D

Nakatira said:
Anything of Steinberg, trying Nuendo soon.
Its nice when I get it for free :D

Ps; with the risk of getting flamed :eek: , I get it for free legaly, the guys at Steinberg are great.
Giving me theire whole product linr for free.
I`m an authorized salesman, so thats why :D
That's really great. Come back and let us know how you like it.

Back