What are the Chances?

how are they going to transport all of the heavy equipment required to build that shit on bikes? :confuselled:

sorry, am I trolling? :spank:

I love how spacious they look in the pictures.

In real life, it'll turn into Amsterdam 2.0: so many bikers that you get stuck in bike traffic.

In London, with no cover. What would be the point. There'd only be like 8 or 10 days a year when you could use it without getting soaked...Be like building it in Seattle.

In London, with no cover. What would be the point. There'd only be like 8 or 10 days a year when you could use it without getting soaked...Be like building it in Seattle.
Given the stated proportion of bikes already in traffic in London, I'd say they are used to it!

Besides, there are precisely zero days even in sunny Newport Beach when folks can go scuba diving without getting soaked, but somehow that doesn't stop them.

With the proper clothing and equipment, cycling in the rain is no big deal.

I'd settle for a few less hills between my place and work and a bit more separation from traffic. Although my problem with cycling to work is how to have office clothes at the office end that aren't crumpled.... so a superhighway ain't gonna help me there... and it's against my nature to pay for laundry and dry cleaning and keep stuff at work.

I commuted by motorbike in London for 10 years...rain doesnt stop you :)

We're actually moving into a brand spanking new building at work (about 100m from the current one) in about 6 months time and there are promo videos / pictures going the rounds at the moment, one of which shows people arriving into the "beach" area (it's on Sydney harbour) by kayak... so there are lots of jokes about whether there's sufficient kayak parking....

That would be a great way to get to work. Unfortunately no river at my end... :mad:

And when you're on Prime, you only have to wait 2 days to get your food :eyes empty cupboards:
Amazon has not come to oz?

Not factually correct but I appreciate the humour...:D

IRL it wouldn't happen in London because the taxi drivers pay us £50 for every cyclist head we hand over. A bit like farmers do with rabbit and foxes tails...:)

It wouldn't work. Everything would have to be downhill for me.

When I'm not traveling, my daily commute is very short. Kitchen to the office. :)

I commuted by motorbike in London for 10 years...rain doesnt stop you :)
same here .... I owned nothing but a motorcycle for about 6 years ..... I strapped an amp, guitar and sax to it for gigs and all my piano tools when I worked on them. If it rained I had rain gear and put garbage bags over the instruments ...... worked fine.

It wouldn't work. Everything would have to be downhill for me.

When I'm not traveling, my daily commute is very short. Kitchen to the office. :)

at our age, everything is downhill mate

---------- Update ----------

same here .... I owned nothing but a motorcycle for about 6 years ..... I strapped an amp, guitar and sax to it for gigs and all my piano tools when I worked on them. If it rained I had rain gear and put garbage bags over the instruments ...... worked fine.

much as I like the comfort of a car I miss motorbikes, just balls out fun...even the crappest trip can be fun

I used to have a stretch on Archway Road in London between traffic lights and a speed camera, everyday it would be another speed record attempt. Id plug in my headphones, wait for the green then go...my record was 110mph, retarded fun

I used to have a stretch on Archway Road in London between traffic lights and a speed camera, everyday it would be another speed record attempt. Id plug in my headphones, wait for the green then go...my record was 110mph, retarded fun
I guess my 'record' would be 138.

I got a ticket once for doing 105 in a 55! :D

Back