Want to take a fun voice acting challenge?

this sounded fun, so since my voice is not really useful for singing lol:) ...

Oh yeah and my recording abilities suck too :)

I don't know if it's what MISTRAL's looking for...but that was awesome!!!!!:cool:

Hey thanks. Not too shabby.. I think that you could project more, it sounds like you're trying to keep other people in the building from hearing you :)

This is a common issue.

I'd like to hear a bit more pause between and a slower delivery of these lines in particular: "It is not the place we remember any longer... it is a cursed place".

Otherwise, and besides the projection issue, you may have nailed it. It's a bit hard to tell to be honest :) Good stuff anyway, thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Upon another couple of listens - it's not these lines that are too quick, it's the "that's impossible boy" that felt too quick. Still though more pause between "any longer" and "it is a cursed place."

I like the tired quality to the delivery, I think for the most part you got his attitude correct.

Maybe a tad more "kindly", like he's almost smiling at the boy's enthusiasm inside but too weary to entertain his notions.

Gah.. You know what, I listened to your RAMI mp3 for kicks and I thought that one actually suits a sort of thug type character that comes later on. Me, stereotype much? Noo..

Character 3:[/b]

A man with a tortured but intelligent mind. Important to play with a matter-of-fact attitude with subtle flashes of mental anguish or 'insanity.
I ignored the grandfather type individual you're seeking irrespective of my qualifications.

Tortured souls is more up my alley!

Do you have script?

lol - Hi 60's guy, yes I do. I'd like the lines in the first post specifically done for a demo so I can easily compare different people's entries. If I hear something I like I will approach the person in private about additional script.

Tortured soul demo line: "Yes! *I* caused this all... so I must undo it. Those feelings.. both that burden, and the euphoria.. these things are what have kept me going all these years."

Yes, I think that is better. I'd still like to hear more projection, the voice seems to come from the throat rather than the gut. For this character it *might* work. I'm not sure yet :)

Also it may have gone from too rapid to too slow - it's a fine line. His words don't need to drag per se, just to sound thoughtful.

Thanks

its funny they are all starting to sound the same...for every one you have heard, i have made 10 so im getting lost in a maze of grandpas! :)

anyhow..any closer?

Thanks Danny.

I could probably make something useable from these, but here's my concern: The grandfather probably has about 5-10x that amount of dialogue total. I feel that perhaps for this dialogue, which is going to be directly in the opening scenes, this approach may be a bit monotone. What I am missing is some expression. The mp3 where you improvised the little rant had expression and character. Admittedly in a different style from what is needed for the grandfather role, but all the same. I think maybe you are equating "weary" too much to a somber monotone delivery.

I do appreciate the efforts, and if you feel what I am saying, you can do some more, just keep those things in mind.

Finding the character is half the battle though.. the rest is gravy. Ya know?

Last edited:
Oh man.. that made me laugh :)

You are good. I wish you'd make a serious entry, though! You might be able to pull it off.

I got a really good entry from a younger guy named Adam via e-mail. He tried for the grandfather, but I told him he should really do the other guy (tortured soul). I'm pleased with the interest so far, hope to hear more. Just think, it could launch a career. Who knows?

Last edited:
How many entries have you gotten so far?

I know I've thrown my hat in the pool ... it's a pretty fun project. I'm excited to FINALLY get to see this moving! How many years have you talked to me about this? I'm excited to see it come to realization!

Last edited:
Back