• Vic-Firth

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Zildjian

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Ludwig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regal-tip

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (sry i probably missed a couple)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
I play carbosticks coz I kept snapping wood, but I voted Zildjian 'coz I used a mate's pair the other day and I've fallen in love with them - will be buying me a bunch and chucking the carbo's v. soon!

question... do the carbon sticks have have alot of shock when hitting cymbals?
i heard they hurt yer hands...
just curious, i would like to buy a pair, but im not gonna spend $20+ on sticks that irritate me...

random.hero said:
the tips on the barker heads are much stronger than what i used to use (vater 5As)
thats why i like em

how about wood vs nylon tips?
wood fer me
Wood tips for me, too. I think of nylon-tipped sticks as "specialty" sticks.

Anyone remember Rock Knockers? No tips at all!

vic's 5A EXTREME/5AN's.

also AHEAD aluminum Tommy Lee signature sticks- i only use them for practicing because they are heavy as hell and i play that much better when i use regular sticks.

I Primarily use Aquarian X-10 Formula "Funk" 3A sticks.
They're nylon and graphite, and I love them. They feel like real wood sticks, with the exception that they're just a few grams heavier; which I've grown to like. I like the extra bit of preojection they give my toms.

I also keep a few pairs of Vater 3A's for backup, but I've yet to need them!

Oh yeah....I've been using Pro-Mark Hot Rods some latley, I like them too.

I use Carbostick sticks (synthetic). 5A classic tip large. If I ever break this pair, my other two pairs are medium 5A classic tip.

They have a little less recoil than wood. Being relatively new at this, I like the extra control....

random.hero said:
lmao yeah the white paint looks great all over my cymbals and new Evans Hydraulic Blue heads...

oh please dont flame me for buying hydraulics either, i can make em sound good! i swear!!! :rolleyes:

....... Points and Laughs .... That guy over there likes hydraulic heads !!!

AH HA HA HA HA HA

i use vater's manhattan 7A's. i like them cuz their long and i like 7A's with nylon tips for the lightness cuz i play fast.

Back