• Vic-Firth

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Zildjian

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Ludwig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regal-tip

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (sry i probably missed a couple)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
I voted for the Vics because that is what I have. The truth is I'm not that good of a drummer where it matters. I don't even know what size sticks I use. Maybe 2B, does that sound right?

I use a pair of older True-Lines, the one that has the "bump" in them down by the gripping area. I got them for free maybe 5 years ago. I heart them.

scrubs said:
Good call. I really like those. Soft, but they sound great on cymbals.
I like them because I used to use the butt-end of 7A's (I'd snap the tip end to easily), because the 7A's are real light and fast. That worked great except it was really hard to play (control) my ride's bell (Paiste 3000 Heavy Ride) with the butt-end. I could only achieve one dynamic.....LOUD!!! I like the SD4's because they are almost identical in weight to my Zildjian 7A's, a little longer, and have a much meatier tip end than most 7A's. The unfortunate side effect of these sticks are that they are soft sounding, which isn't always bad, but they can not get into my ride the way some sticks can. So now I'm looking to add another ride to my set-up.

Vater 5A wood tip. I keep some 2B's handy, too.

Vater SpalshStick

Vic Firth tympani mallets

Can't remember what brand my brushes are...

EdWonbass said:
I voted for the Vics because that is what I have. The truth is I'm not that good of a drummer where it matters. I don't even know what size sticks I use. Maybe 2B, does that sound right?

2B = bigass sticks
not my flavor

though im sure i will get flamed for this, the travis barker sticks by zildjian are incredibly nice IMO

i like chad smith funkblasters, but they so expensive and i've already broken 2 pair

random.hero said:
2B = bigass sticks
not my flavor

though im sure i will get flamed for this, the travis barker sticks by zildjian are incredibly nice IMO

i like chad smith funkblasters, but they so expensive and i've already broken 2 pair

FLAME ON!!!!! the TB sticks do nothin' but mark your cymbals

I use Vic Firth Pete Erskine Ride Sticks when I can get em

I also use vic firth 5As & Bs

& Regal Tip brushes

slidey said:
FLAME ON!!!!! the TB sticks do nothin' but mark your cymbals

I use Vic Firth Pete Erskine Ride Sticks when I can get em

I also use vic firth 5As & Bs

& Regal Tip brushes

lmao yeah the white paint looks great all over my cymbals and new Evans Hydraulic Blue heads...

oh please dont flame me for buying hydraulics either, i can make em sound good! i swear!!! :rolleyes:

random.hero said:
oh please dont flame me for buying hydraulics either, i can make em sound good! i swear!!! :rolleyes:

hey now I'm of the minority that actually likes em' so we're cool there

Atterion said:
Nothing like a Hydraulic fan who self-proclaims how cool he is :D :)

damn straight you'd better believe it alyhough I'm using pinstripes at the mo, but I do have a hydro glass head on my snare for a big DOOF!!!!! of a sound :D

I used to use the zildjian barker sticks then I switched to vic firth 5B this past summer but after running through about 4 pairs in a month I switched to the vater 5B which last a whole lot longer

the tips on the barker heads are much stronger than what i used to use (vater 5As)
thats why i like em

how about wood vs nylon tips?
wood fer me

Back