vocals in mono too quiet and muffled, any help?

Well, for one, if that truly is you in the video, I must say that your talent is much more deserving that Audacity and a crappy ass interface. The time and stress you are dealing with is taking away from your time creating music. I mean no disrespect, if this is truly you. We get a bunch of fakers in an internet forum.

If you had some naked pix of you at the piano, we might be able to confirm! LMAO! I AM SO KIDDING! (giggling little boy just came out)

Ok, I regained my maturity now.

Seriously, why are you using software and interface that are not worthy of your talent?

Well, for one, if that truly is you in the video, I must say that your talent is much more deserving that Audacity and a crappy ass interface. The time and stress you are dealing with is taking away from your time creating music. I mean no disrespect, if this is truly you. We get a bunch of fakers in an internet forum.

If you had some naked pix of you at the piano, we might be able to confirm! LMAO! I AM SO KIDDING! (giggling little boy just came out)

Ok, I regained my maturity now.

Seriously, why are you using software and interface that are not worthy of your talent?

hahaha, your cute.
Thanks for being so sweet. I honestly don't use audacity. Ive just bought adobe audition and I used to use sony acid on the old computer but I mean...im not very good with music editing yet. Im still learning. I have some mates over in the states who do some producing for me but I really need to learn more myself so I dont get stuck like this again.

Its awful that I dont know anything.

If someone wants to send me an email to karliene@karliene.com then i can ping you my mp3 test so you can see how it sounds on the right channel. i cant actually work out anymore if Im hearing something good or bad as im highly critical. It sounds a bit spacey and ambiencey to me but I can let you guys be the judge. :-)

Haha...amazing Jim.
Nothin kills a noobie thread like asking for nudey pics.

I had a 'boy' moment. I'm over 40. It happens.

Absolutely nothing was meant, other than humor Karliene. Please accept my apology for the childish outburst. :)

'Candle In The Wind' just gave me chills...

@ OP
ok, cool.

I've been wandering if there's a problem at all this whole time. It'd be good to hear it and be sure of what's happening.
I pmd you before you put your address up btw.

@ Jimmy.
Lmao.

@ OP
ok, cool.

I've been wandering if there's a problem at all this whole time. It'd be good to hear it and be sure of what's happening.
I pmd you before you put your address up btw.

@ Jimmy.
Lmao.

Ok hun, all sent . . . let me know if you get it alright.

I had a 'boy' moment. I'm over 40. It happens.

Absolutely nothing was meant, other than humor Karliene. Please accept my apology for the childish outburst. :)

'Candle In The Wind' just gave me chills...

Oh you dont have to appologise. I used to be a barmaid for 5 years. Ive heard worse. :-)
Glad you liked candle in the wind. That was a very recent one actually :-)

Ok, think i'm just getting confused now.

I think we're all on that page now... ;)

Some of the confusion may be in the terminology. "Channel" gets used for different things, and "right track" can mean either the opposite to left, or it can mean the "correct track". Some people might call the two halves of a stereo track left and right channels and others might refer to them as them inputs or even tracks.

To wind back to your picture 2 below. If I record my mono mic to a stereo track in Audacity I get the exact reverse. The sound records to the top half of that track - which might get called the "left channel", "left input" or various other descriptions, depending on who is talking, and how they think of it. I don't know why yours goes to the bottom, that seems wrong.

If you record something that has genuine stereo capability, down two separate cables, you'll get a signal on both the top and bottom lines. Hooking your piano up via the inputs 1 and 2 at the back, as you do, should be fine.

However, it's common to record mostly as a series of mono tracks, unless they genuinely need to be stereo. Your finally mix will of course be in stereo, but that's another issue. So I might have vocals, bass, lead, rhythm, various bits of the drum kit such as kick, snare, etc all on individual mono tracks. There might even be backing vocals, harmonies, main vocal sung again, or whatever, but all on their own separate mono track. You gain nothing by trying to record your mic on a stereo track.

The puzzle is why your channels seem out of whack...

69180d1326070727-vocals-mono-too-quiet-muffled-any-help-vocal-help2-jpg

I think we're all on that page now... ;)

Some of the confusion may be in the terminology. "Channel" gets used for different things, and "right track" can mean either the opposite to left, or it can mean the "correct track". Some people might call the two halves of a stereo track left and right channels and others might refer to them as them inputs or even tracks.

To wind back to your picture 2 below. If I record my mono mic to a stereo track in Audacity I get the exact reverse. The sound records to the top half of that track - which might get called the "left channel", "left input" or various other descriptions, depending on who is talking, and how they think of it. I don't know why yours goes to the bottom, that seems wrong.

If you record something that has genuine stereo capability, down two separate cables, you'll get a signal on both the top and bottom lines. Hooking your piano up via the inputs 1 and 2 at the back, as you do, should be fine.

However, it's common to record mostly as a series of mono tracks, unless they genuinely need to be stereo. Your finally mix will of course be in stereo, but that's another issue. So I might have vocals, bass, lead, rhythm, various bits of the drum kit such as kick, snare, etc all on individual mono tracks. There might even be backing vocals, harmonies, main vocal sung again, or whatever, but all on their own separate mono track. You gain nothing by trying to record your mic on a stereo track.

The puzzle is why your channels seem out of whack...

69180d1326070727-vocals-mono-too-quiet-muffled-any-help-vocal-help2-jpg
What are you talking about?

Oh yeah, the original topic.

Sorry.

Carry on. :)

Back