Two track stereo drum recording.

Then wait until you get a few more tracks recorded before making any decisions about deliberate processing of individual tracks.
Hey...maybe they need just a touch of "something" or maybe you will need to re-track the drums to get them beefy rather than slathering on processing as a correction tool...but hearing them alone, I wouldn't make any decision just yet (unless you already think they totally suck, in which case re-record them).

That's what I'm thinking. The stereo mix is pretty good spacially. I was surprised that the X/Y mic placement worked that well. The drummer is not a basher which probably would have helped so I'm trying to compensate for that.

Thanks to those we were trying to be helpful. I couldn't help but notice that theirs were names I didn't recognize as Cave dwellers...nuff said.

Thanks to those we were talking out of their asses. I couldn't help but notice that theirs were names I didn't recognize as people that have any idea what the hell they're talking about...nuff said.

Fixed and made more accurate.;)

Yeah, what's the fucking deal with that? There's purple, light purple and dark purple. That's it. Mauve? Fuscia? Violet? Heliotrope? WTF? Heliotrope??

Heliotrope is a shade of the alphabet.

Sheesh. Some people.

......I think I just killed it.

Last edited:
So did this thread help your problem at all?

Yes very much. I am amazed as to how well the stereo recording turned out. I'm planning on using the X/Y mic placement again in my simple little two input home studio. I use Logic which has some presets for "live drum" recordings. I tweaked that a little and added a touch of verb.

My band is three piece...guitar, bass and drums. I recorded an extra track of acoustic rhythm to "wash" low in the mix. I think the song would sound great with keys and even horns but I want it to sound as much like the band as possible.

While I did take the time with the drummer to record samples of his kit, I'm not really sure I'll every use them. I fancy myself a writer and not an engineer...so I try not to get bogged down too much with the more technical fine points. If anyone gets interested in my songs then I'll leave the real recording to professionals.

Talk about having to take something to the Cave....If someone makes more sense then you're capable of comprehending, attack where they come from. Gee...that's not a cop out. :laughings::laughings::laughings:

You asked a stupid question and then didn't understand half the answers. Congratulations. You just won the buffoon of the month award.:D

Dammit! I got 2nd place again.:(:mad:

I just saw a slug crawl across the walk in front of my house- so, I've now got this slug track, and need suggestions on how to process it...

Oh, by the way, the slug was a nice periwinkle color.

Back