Trump on Trial!

As it should be. :thumbs up:

Indeed. Casting your vote for Biden is choosing freedom over democracy? Just ask him. He'll tell ya.

The 2024 election appears to be a rematch between two of the most corrupt men in this country. And you're okay with that, so long as Biden wins?

With, or without the support of his family, RFK Jr's candidacy will be the apple that upsets someone's cart.

The 2024 election appears to be a rematch between two of the most corrupt men in this country. And you're okay with that, so long as Biden wins?
I’d love to know how you make equivalency between them.

Vs

88 charges against him, and several of his closest associates pleading guilty and doing time. That doesn’t even include his cozy relationship with Putin.

88 charges against him, and several of his closest associates pleading guilty and doing time. That doesn’t even include his cozy relationship with Putin.

There's a reason they say... "you can indict a ham sandwich"
Most American laws are subject to interpretation and leave gray areas that allow prosecutors an opening to charge anyone with anything.
Like Stalin once said... "Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime"
The DemonRats took that premise and ran with it on Trump.
Unfortunately for them, they went overboard, and the public (at least those with a working brain) can see the extreme bias and massive overreach.
The Putin thing was disproven years ago by a Bob Mueller and a team of DemonRats with who spent $40M investigating it.
Only those in La La Land choose to hang on to the lie.

There's a reason they say... "you can indict a ham sandwich"
Then why have so many in Trump’s orbit actually plead guilty? If several of Biden’s attorneys and several more of his appointees PLEAD guilty to crimes, you’d say none of that reflects on Biden? If it’s all bullshit charges, why are his people doing time?
Most American laws are subject to interpretation and leave gray areas that allow prosecutors an opening to charge anyone with anything.
Like Stalin once said... "Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime"
The DemonRats took that premise and ran with it on Trump.
Unfortunately for them, they went overboard, and the public (at least those with a working brain) can see the extreme bias and massive overreach.
On this week’s trial I’ll agree. Campaign finance violations are bad, but not jail time bad perhaps. The real shit is coming. And I don’t care if he sees jail or not. He needs to just go the hell away and not be heard from again. Play fuckin golf. I don’t care. Reasonable republicans need to bury this Maga shit for good.
The Putin thing was disproven years ago by a Bob Mueller and a team of DemonRats with who spent $40M investigating it.
Only those in La La Land choose to hang on to the lie.
The real crimes are not the ones that are illegal in this case. We had a sitting president who defended Putin on national TV when we know for a fact he had influenced the election in Trump’s favor. We know that Russian oligarchs and mobsters held deeds to Trump properties and lived in his buildings. Some of the guilty pleas in Trump’s orbit had to do with lying about Russian campaign contributions. This is public info. I’m not making this shit up. You are the one in La La land dude.

Trump escaped being tied to actual crimes (with regard to Russia), but these are serious things when you are in bed with hostile governments. For some reason, you Trumpers are cool with this. You cheer it on.

Last edited:
I'm totally cool with not describing legal things as crimes. Nietzsche's advice for monster hunters applies here.
This isn’t McCarthyism where innocent people get caught up in a wide net. This is kind of the opposite where the monster is so rich and powerful that he can insulate himself from allegations while his immediate circle takes the fall for him. Actual crimes were committed as evidenced by the guilty pleas (and we’ll see what the juries say in Trump’s cases), but your issue is that I essentially said that a president can do things that are technically legal, but worse than actual crimes? I present information showing Trump properties being bought up by Russians, Trump defying US intelligence and defending Putin, Trump associates going to jail for lying about contact with Russia (there’s also the missing binder of Russian top secret intel that disappeared at the end of his presidency), etc,

But your issue is one of semantics. Got it.

Reagan is spinning in his grave.

Last edited:
Jonathan Alter:

Donald Trump always wears a red necktie, right? Not anymore. For the last four days in court he’s gone with a blue one. Whether this is a lame bid for the sartorial sentiments of blue-state jurors or just a reflection of his mood, he heard more bad news in court on Monday.

We learned that if Trump testifies in his own defense, he will be chewed up on cross-examination. Justice Juan Merchan ruled that Trump can be questioned about lies he told in four of six prior judicial proceedings, including the E. Jean Carroll case and the ruling that the Trump Foundation was a fraud. Only a foolish megalomaniac would take the stand under such circumstances — so perhaps he will.

Merchan also made it very clear he doesn’t approve of “jury nullification,” instructing jurors, who seemed very attentive, that they must convict him if they are convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty.

In the prosecution’s opening statement, Matthew Colangelo outlined what his team calls the August 2015 “Trump Tower conspiracy” hatched by Trump, Michael Cohen and David Pecker, boss of The National Enquirer, who began his testimony later in the day. Colangelo previewed a large amount of evidence that will corroborate Cohen’s testimony about the falsified business records (including handwritten notes) that will most likely be damaging to Trump.

The worst day for Trump could come when the prosecution plays a September 2016 taped call in which Trump can be heard asking Cohen, “So what do we have to pay for it? 150?” (Meaning $150,000.) The answer was $10,000 more. Colangelo concluded: “It was election fraud. Pure and simple.”

By saying of Trump, “he’s a man, he’s a husband, he’s a father, he’s a person like you and me,” Todd Blanche, Trump’s lead attorney, seemed to be setting up a defense partly based on Trump not wanting the Stormy Daniels story made public in order to protect his family. But Cohen and others are expected to testify that Trump tried to avoid paying the hush money on the theory that it wouldn’t matter if the story came out after the election. So much for shielding Melania.

The Trump lawyers are denying everything — the alleged affairs and the cover-up — which is unlikely to be persuasive. But they may have better luck arguing that for all the prosecution’s talk of conspiracy, that wasn’t a count in the indictment. Blanche’s best line was: “Spoiler alert: There’s nothing wrong with trying to influence this election. It’s called democracy.”

What the jurors don’t know yet and won’t learn until the judge instructs them just before they deliberate is that there is nothing in New York state law requiring prosecutors to prove that Trump broke tax laws, campaign finance laws or conspiracy laws to win a felony conviction. All they need to do is prove that Trump intended to do wrong in these areas.

And by insisting that Trump is completely innocent, his lawyers have made it harder for the jury to convict him of just misdemeanors, not felonies. But it will be a few weeks before the jury understands all of that.

All it takes is one juror not to fall for the phony ass bullshit the DemonRats are laying out in court and pretending to have a crime for which nobody else was ever charged except for Trump. One juror could mess up this entire cabal of evil.

Bragg is definitely positioning himself toward a run at becoming NYC mayor or even NY governor. Hochul will see through all that shit and eventually fire him in an "Apprentice" style fashion.

There is a difference with Tiger: Tiger apologized. I think we owe it to each other to forgive, but only if someone sincerely seeks forgiveness through owning up to whatever they did. I can’t speak about Tiger’s sincerity, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Seems like he’s matured a lot.

Trump has literally said he doesn’t need forgiveness because he doesn’t do anything wrong.
No politician will ever admit they’ve done anything wrong lol. Especially not a politician who wasn’t even a formal politician at the time it happened.

Did he mess around with Stormy Daniels? He shagged her rotten, baby! (likely vice versa).

Did he launder some hush money through Cohen? I’m sure he did as sure as I am that OJ was a murderer.

Is this first time a person running for ANY public election, presidency on down, has tried to conceal hair on their record? Lol, absolutely not (and IMO thank God Hillary isn’t ending a second term this November).

Personally, I think the man is probably a dick to know as a person. I think that about Obama (less so annd more compassionate but still cold ant the core) and George W (elitist and from family fortune) and Clinton (who is the slickest bullshitter in modern political history), all of whom I’ve voted for. But elections are about who (I or you) feel is the most-qualified person to do the job, and I believe Trump is over Biden (maybe 12 years ago) and definitely over Kamala Harris who Biden votes will be going toward Niv 5

FTR, I’m called ‘non-party affiliated’ in Florida, independent in some other states, but in Florida has limits for voting in Primaries. Meh, whatever. I’m closest to Libertarian POV’s but commuted to non, only to who I believe is the best local, regional, State or Federal candidate I believe is most-qualified and aligns with my beliefs. Fortunately, I live in the greatest country in the world that allows these rights to me

Personally, I think the man is probably a dick to know as a person. I think that about Obama (less so annd more compassionate but still cold ant the core) and George W (elitist and from family fortune) and Clinton (who is the slickest bullshitter in modern political history), all of whom I’ve voted for. But elections are about who (I or you) feel is the most-qualified person to do the job, and I believe Trump is over Biden (maybe 12 years ago) and definitely over Kamala Harris who Biden votes will be going toward Niv 5
Pretty much same view as me on the subject.

Back