Trouble setting up presonus audiobox with cubase LE 4

Sean Conway

Hi, Im getting a "error opening usb bus device: (2)" when I select "ASIO PreSonus USB" from the ASIO driver list. Would one know how to resolve this?

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2014-10-17-17h10m22s188.png
    vlcsnap-2014-10-17-17h10m22s188.png
    326.3 KB · Views: 13
Hey I played in a band with a Sean Conway. He's a good drummer.

That doesn't help you though. I have never seen such an error message so I don't know the remedy.

From remembering the days of Cubase 4 LE, make sure to download the updates from Steinberg. There was an update and a hotfix that solved many issues.

You may need to uninstall and then reinstall the driver for the Audiobox that is correct for your computer from their website. Seems that something is fooked.

Thanks for the suggestion. Updating cubase did not fix the problem though, I'm getting the latest drivers for the interface now so that might work.

right, so I have it working. I can plug a mic in to channel 1 and hear sound back in my headphones from the headphone output on the interface but I can't record that sound in cubase. I think its due to to the VST connections not being setup right. I followed some guides on setting up VST connections and did what they did but I'm just recording silence.

I have detailed basic setup instructions for Cubase on the forum somewhere. I lost a computer recently so lost the text.

Basically select your interfaces driver as you already have shown. In VST Connections, just create a mono input bus. Then create a mono track (Project>Add Track>Audio>Select Mono under 'Configuration')>Add Track.

Now in the left panel of the Project Window (called 'Inspector Window') Make sure your input bus is selected. Arm the track and press record. After recording hit the 'Monitor' button. Looks like the side view of a speaker. This allows you to hear back what was recorded to Cubase.

Make sure that 'Mixer' knob on your interface is fully clockwise to hear playback from computer/Cubase

There is much more than this but that should get you going now that you have the interface working. Well I hope you do.. :)

I got it working just about. I'm going direct with a guitar and I'm getting a lot of interference and hum even when the guitars volume nob on all the way off I'm also getting 50 milliseconds worth of input lag so I can't monitor my playing properly. When I click on control panel to change the values to get the input lag down it loads for a second but control panel never shows up then cubase crashes out of nowhere and continues to randomly crash every 15 minutes or so.

Is this a W7 laptop or desktop?

Either way, read and take THESE steps then come back.

Not sure what to do about the hum thing. Could be bad cable, bad ground on guitar, or maybe some kind of ground loop. Just need to eliminate each possibility one at a time.

Back