Totally Ultimate Extreme BEST Under $120 Mic Poll!!!!! Awesome!

Best Mic Ever?????????????????????????????????????

• Studio Projects B-1

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Crown PZM 11

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Shure SM 57 Knockoff

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
A serious reply

Hi,

We're all having fun with this but since all my mics are under $120 I feel especially qualified to give a serious response.

Audio Technica AT4054 goes for $150-200 all the time. Can be had closer to $100 if you're willing to work for it. This is a cardiod condenser stage vocals mic with the same capsule as the famous studio mic, 4050. Great buy for under $120.

Peavey 120i or 120tn. This is a dynamic cardiod instrument mic. Has been called the poor man's SM7. Good for kick, bass cabs, horns, even vocals. I paid $111 but I have seen them under $100.

Audio Technica ATM25 can also be had under $100. A kick mic that is also a general purpose mic like the Peavey. My fav kick mic but I don't have any of the biggie expensive kicks to compare it to.

Superlux CM-H8C - LDC omni cardiod figure 8. In my opinion this mic is much better for the money than it ought to be. Fantastic rejection from the back of the mic in the cardiod pattern. Very clean and smooth sounding. I got mine new under $100 but this is rare. Usually in the $100-$200 range and hard to find used.

Beyer M400 Soundstar Mark II - Dynamic cardiod vocals mic is also good for a room mic. Again often compared to the SM7 for vocals. I have used it in a spaced pair with my Superlux condenser recording an acoustic duo in a coffeehouse and it sounds surprisingly similar which you might not expect for a dynamic. Good detail and a very strong midrange characterize this mic.

None of these mics qualify for my fifty dollar mic thread but they are all good examples of just how good a mic you can get in the $100 range.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

Yo dude, there is just one way to roll and it's like this:

SH0189_1lg.jpg

Yo, not only can it get the rap in the can, you can do all of your videos with it AND keep track notes. It comes loaded with every beat ever made, masters your raps in real time so you don't hafta waste time and bling fo dat, and it's forward compatible so that you can go USB3.0 when it rolls out and blaze your entire act straight onto your homies' iPhones - wifi style....

It even comes packed with your blunt(s) of preference to ensure a kickin' performance. It's totally whack - don't be swayed and betrayed by those u87 fairy tales....nobody actually uses them anyway, they just roll them out for eye candy and to justify jackin up their room rates.

Back