Totally Ultimate Extreme BEST Under $120 Mic Poll!!!!! Awesome!

Best Mic Ever?????????????????????????????????????

• Studio Projects B-1

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Crown PZM 11

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Shure SM 57 Knockoff

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
I'm finally throwin down. This is so extreme.
You wanna piece of this?

I need a mic to record everything ever.....and I need it for under $120.
I don't test things out first (I'm just not into that kind of thing)- so just tell me what to buy, and I'll buy it.
You guys are bold, spicy and extreme. I don't have any other gear.

I read like .....3 threads before this, and I didn't see a search function (nor did I look for it) - so I took it upon myself to remember the mics mentioned in those great and awesome threads and listed them here. So now you vote...and we'll never need another poll again.

Pretty fuckin extreme...huh. and awesome.

Have at it ye lords of aural enticement. Show me your secrets of inexpensive professional studio quality recordings!

Thanks Guys!
You rock the kung fu sweetness!!

for under $120 a real sm57 is a good mic. I'd put the SP B1 up there too. prob either one of those. There are other used dynamics you can get for around that range that are better but harder to find for sure (akg d224 for example).

Cheers,
Don

gbondo9 said:
I'm finally throwin down. This is so extreme.
You wanna piece of this?

I need a mic to record everything ever.....and I need it for under $120.
I don't test things out first (I'm just not into that kind of thing)- so just tell me what to buy, and I'll buy it.
You guys are bold, spicy and extreme. I don't have any other gear.

I read like .....3 threads before this, and I didn't see a search function (nor did I look for it) - so I took it upon myself to remember the mics mentioned in those great and awesome threads and listed them here. So now you vote...and we'll never need another poll again.

Pretty fuckin extreme...huh. and awesome.

Have at it ye lords of aural enticement. Show me your secrets of inexpensive professional studio quality recordings!

Thanks Guys!
You rock the kung fu sweetness!!

Are you as drunk as I am? :confused:

I refuse to use a mic. I just do everything so loud, it leaves a permanent imprint in everyones mind.

Dogman said:
I refuse to use a mic. I just do everything so loud, it leaves a permanent imprint in everyones mind.
Thats phfat yo.

But my volume knobs only go up to 10 - so I'm shit outta luck.

You see, the problem is you read way too many threads before choosing. You are only supposed to read one and pick the first 3 mics mentioned. That's the secret. :D :D

I would suggest the Nady StarPower SP-4C. That way, when you find out that mics under $120 pretty much universally suck, at least you're only out $10. :D

Okay, so the Apex ribbons probably don't suck, but for the most part, you do get what you pay for.

Seeker of Rock said:
You see, the problem is you read way too many threads before choosing. You are only supposed to read one and pick the first 3 mics mentioned. That's the secret. :D :D
Wise you are!

The two CAD M177's i got from musician's fiend a few weeks back definitely do not suck. And they are going for $99 now...

gbondo9 said:
Do they sound like professional studio quality rap vocals for under $120?

If so - I'm interested!!
LOL! studio quality rap vocal? RLOL, RLROL, Rolling on the floor LOL!
Aheeemm... LOL! LOL!, RLOL!, studio quality rap vocals!!! LOL!

Wait, wait! I gotta get a breath in.... oh, Lord.

Just buy any old toy mic and it will do! dkelly's advice of a SM57 is good, for that pocket about $30 bucks and buy something else.

Dracon said:
Just buy any old toy mic and it will do!
hmmm.....I can't change my poll options to include this "toy mic" you speak of...but I am intrigued. Do you know of any great west coast rappers that have used this little gem? And does it cost less than $120?

Dracon said:
dkelly's advice of a SM57 is good, for that pocket about $30 bucks and buy something else.
Can you suggest a professional sounding pre for $30?

Geez, this is an easy one. The best mic for under $120 is an original U47 for $110 at a garage sale.

C'mon, get with the tough questions.

Back