Toki & The Brane

M.Brane

Put some guitar on one of Toki987's tunes:

LeCaravan

The sound quality suffered a bit from 4 stages of file conversion (mp3->AIFF->SDII->AIFF->mp3) but we thought you might dig it anyway.

Enjoy!:)

Maybe if enough of you like it we'll do a snail-mail session.;)

sweet! That was a great lead tone for this, and the leads themselves were tasty.. very nice playing..I would have liked even more of it.. more leads mixing it up..

more! :D

yeah, I can hear the beating from all the conversions..

you mentioned a snail mail session.. I have been using AOL Instant Messenger to send Wave files.. Even if you don't use AOL, you can still download the I.M. part of it for free.. You probably know this already.. If Toki is on dial up it would probably take awhile, but if not, it goes relatively quick..

Yeah man, this is cool. This was great when it was posted the first time. ....and the guits are a super-nice addition. this is sweet fellas...... Nice playin brane!!

Oh, ya great big sexy thang, you!

I love the way this one takes its time. A beat you can live with.

I love the way the electric guitar gets better.

You don't know a couple of girls do you, by any chance? And no, I wasn't thinking along one-for-me-one-for-you lines. But I can hear girls singing on this one. A couple of them. Sassy girls. Don't have to be cute if they don't want to. But they have to be able to sing.

A song like this deserves girls. Trust me.

Good work. Really nice piece.

Very nice Brane. I agree with Sam. Tone was excellent for this piece. Solos were a perfect fit. Tasty.

Twist

good work, great tones M......

would love to hear a higher quality version of this.....

Hey ! This is a keeper for sure! Real nice guitar work. Makes me wanna shout.

Help! I need phrasing school.
Im sooo frustrated with my phrasing skills. but obviously you have No difficulty in that area

:D

I actually like the "ground down" Tape sound the recording seems to have developed, real analog sounding, 60's ish.

Btw the girls singing Idea. YEAH Quincy Jones style

Peace
Bill

Great piece of guitar work man, loved the tone too. I remember this tune..I liked it alot and even better now. Great stuff

M.B.& T., super nice music , this is. Man, this is fine playing all way around. Thanks.

Kick ass dude!This has some cool jazz/rock guitar flavor to it.Real moody solo'ing there Brane!I can tell you're playing more by the feeling of the tune than a structured solo.I dig it man.This has kind of a TOTO sound to it.Steve Lukather plays some mean solos over those toto keyboards.

Nice collab dudes!

You guys are just too kind.:cool:

B.SABBATH

I've got a pretty fast DSL line, but Toki's on dialup. I'm also allergic to AIM software so if we do it we'll just use the mail. Probably faster to overnight a CD than for him to download 100MB of wav files anyway.:D

Guernica

Thanks for the listen, bro. Glad you liked it.:)

dobro

I could use a couple girls myself.:eek: Seriously, that's not a bad idea, but it's up to Toki.

twist & Gidge

Thanks guys! My Super Reverb and MKIII head thank you too.;)

wfaraoni

Kinda funny you'd mention phrasing. I was working on bass for another tune, and something told me to track this instead. So I hastily switched things over ( I use my Boogie to track bass) and cut a real nice solo 1st take. Perfect right? NOT! The pan control was set the wrong way. This is take 2. I thought the phrasing was much better on take 1.:rolleyes:

Yes the highs are rolled-off on the solo, and more so on the delay. I love that tape echo/analog delay sound.:cool:

david & dtb

Thanks for checking in. Looks like we'll have to do a "high-quality" version.:D

Kramer

This is kind of a step outside the box for me as I'm mainly a heavy rock guy. My drummer has been getting me into jazz though, and I dug this tune. Your right about the playing- I just hit record and let my fingers do the walking. Don't plan much if at all.;) Thanks, dude!

Cyan

Thanks man!:)

I sincerely appreciate the touch you put in that tune Brane. Your talent on the wing...
That is a phenomenol guitar track. :) It moved directly into feel. I love the sound of squeezing and mashing those notes below the 12th fret, wringing it and making it talk and sing for you. Yep, damn thing started coming alive and breathing. The tone and the swells behind it were fabulous. That lil' mp3 went through the "wringer of conversions" but still came thru sounding fairly good after the whipping.

Hat`s off here folks for MBrane!!! :)

Wow!!! nice song & nice playing. Sounds great. Why don't you guys exchange .wav files...this is a killer sound being hurt by the conversion.

Nice work...another Weather Channel tune here (meant as a compliment as I like that kind of music). I just saw my local forcast flash before my eyes.

Good job guys

Brane,

Great solo, bud! Rock licks fused real well .....very tastey.

Toki,

I dug this groove in its beginning stages. Now it's a shining star.

Sweet blend of talents. Kudos to you both.

peace,
flat-9

What the hell happened to my post? :confused:

Well I listened to ityesterday and liked the crap out of it. And like wfaraoni, I thought the softened sound was analog-like an I kinda liked it.

Nice guitar playing and a first rate groove and...oh yeah....have I told ya'll how much I LOVE COLLABORATIONS??!!

Well I do.

HEY GIDGE!!

...The Brickyard on thurs and the Argosy with Run Jane Run on fri.

OK...back to our previous thread about how awesome Toki and Brane are! :)

Jagular

Weather channel, eh? It's been a while (I haven't watched broadcast TV in over 2 years) but I remember some cool loops on there.;)

BTW a high-quality version is in the works.:)

flat-9

Thanks! Means a lot coming from someone with chops as good as yourself.:)

Lt. Bob

So I'm not losing it!:D I saw your handle on the search page last night but there was no post. Seen that kind of thing before just before the old server went belly-up.:eek: Hopefully it was just a glitch.

Thanks Lt.;)

wfaraoni

My guitar rig is 100% analog, and as soon as I can get my hands on some high-voltage caps my monitors will be tube-powered as well.:cool:

BTW I'm not deaf, but I do have a moderate case of tinnitus.:D

Back