Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No Wah....

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • They're equally awesome....

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • They equally suck....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Actually, that shift sounds pretty cool.
Thanx. I thought so, too. I was worried that the transition wouldn't be smooth and it would be too distracting. But I think it's pretty seamless. Cool, thanx.

Got to give it the Shawarz on this one. May the Shwarz be with you!

I like it! It makes it sound like there is a player there adjusting their tone to the dynamics of a track.

Oh and I think it's finally time to tell you that you write the name with a "c". "sChwarzenyaeger" :D

I like it! It makes it sound like there is a player there adjusting their tone to the dynamics of a track.
You're my new producer. It used to be Greg, but he seems to be staying out of the Clinic lately. He's FIRED!!!!!! :D

Oh and I think it's finally time to tell you that you write the name with a "c". "sChwarzenyaeger" :D
Sorry man. Now I know. :cool:

The whole thing sounds pretty good to me dude, I'm listening on 'phones, but again, it sounds pretty good...Good seperation between the instruments (something I wish I could do better), & everything's really clean/clear sounding...

The only nit I have is maybe have just a little more bottom end on the bass, but I know it's tricky because it'll make the whole mix muddy sounding (which I seem to do a lot...lol)...

Wah/intro guitar sounds good to me dude...

I like Shawarz. Makes you sound like a Arab. Exotic.

The whole thing sounds pretty good to me dude, I'm listening on 'phones, but again, it sounds pretty good...Good seperation between the instruments (something I wish I could do better), & everything's really clean/clear sounding...

The only nit I have is maybe have just a little more bottom end on the bass, but I know it's tricky because it'll make the whole mix muddy sounding (which I seem to do a lot...lol)...

Wah/intro guitar sounds good to me dude...
Thanx a lot Minerman. I'll try to get more low end from the bass. I know what you're saying. Those staccato bass notes need to really hit you in the chest.

Yeah dude, it sounds pretty good, but I was listening on 'phones too....But I will say since I've gotten pretty used to my "new" phones (I've had 'em since last summer), I can kinda get in the ballpark with 'em....I actually need to get some basstraps up in my room, but will have to wait a while...

Still sounds good though dude!!!!!!

BTW, what'd you use for the guitar sounds on this??

BTW, what'd you use for the guitar sounds on this??

There are some old tracks and some new tracks. This tune is about a year or 2 old.

The rythm guitars, which is the wah track and the same part doubled on the left side, are my SG. On the right side I used the bridge pick-up. On the left side, I put the switch in the middle, so I used bridge and neck.

For the leads and fills, I used my Strat.

All my tracks go into a Fender Super Champ.

Oh, also, the right side (wah, etc....) is mic'd with a AKG C3000b. All the other guitars are mic'd with an SM57.

Cool man, the guitars in particular sound really good...everything does, but again in particular the guitars are good...I'm assuming the guitars weren't recorded at ear shattering volume, right??? About how loud do you track your guitars???? Just curious, as I've been getting some pretty nice sounding tracks at lower volume...The past few months I've been shaking the walls, but the last week or two I've been recording at a much lower volume, & my guitars actually sound pretty good IMO....

I don't think that recording loud really means that much.
I feel like you're limiting your microphone options by going loud more than you're improving your sound or anything.

I record "Loud" but not "Holy Fuck". I'm not enough of an expert to have a strong opinion about it. I know enough to know that I don't know. But I have found that a "loud" (not "holy fuck") amp sounds better mic'd than the same sound at lower volume. I'm talking about for myself, not saying it's the same for everyone else.

I also use a re-amp box, which is why I was able to put up a track with wah and a track without wah. I didn't have to play it again. Personally, I think re-amping is a god-send for someone like me who isn't a guitar player. I record my tracks through an amp sim, getting as close as I can to the sound I think I want, but I only record the raw signal off the guitar. Then, I can spend as much time as I need auditioning different sounds and mic placements without having to commit to anything. I love the fact that I can go back and re-re-amp if I don't like something.

I record "Loud" but not "Holy Fuck". I'm not enough of an expert to have a strong opinion about it. I know enough to know that I don't know. But I have found that a "loud" (not "holy fuck") amp sounds better mic'd than the same sound at lower volume. I'm talking about for myself, not saying it's the same for everyone else.
Right, I've just been getting some pretty good sounding (to me anyway) guitar tracks at quite a bit lower volume than I've been recording at the last few months...Loud enough to move some air, but not loud like I'd been recording since I got the Ceriatone amp (it's a hot-rodded plexi clone with 3 different gain stages, one of 'em being like a regular plexi/super lead, which needs to be pretty damn loud in order to have "that" sound)....Greg has rubbed off on me man, I do record most of my guitar tracks at pretty loud levels most of the time, but again, I've been getting pretty decent results at a much lower volume (which is still pretty loud though)...

I also use a re-amp box, which is why I was able to put up a track with wah and a track without wah. I didn't have to play it again. Personally, I think re-amping is a god-send for someone like me who isn't a guitar player. I record my tracks through an amp sim, getting as close as I can to the sound I think I want, but I only record the raw signal off the guitar. Then, I can spend as much time as I need auditioning different sounds and mic placements without having to commit to anything. I love the fact that I can go back and re-re-amp if I don't like something.

Dude, I have a re-amp box (Radial RMP Pro...the blue one), & I use it on every guitar track I record...always, no exception...

Do you find your re-amper has just a hair less output than plugging straight into your amp??? I usually bump my gain on the hardware send a few db's to get closer to the gain my guitars put into my amps...

I listened to the Wah version first and really liked it because it gave it a little variety from some of the stuff that's out there today. Then I listened to the non-wah and liked it a lot, the guitar tone is really great. Reminds me of some ZZ. I am torn on which I like better but I am leaning towards no wah at all, but I do like what Schwazzzzz suggested. Regardless of what you choose, I think it all sounds great....AND i think the drums sound great. Awesome job buddy

Dude, I have a re-amp box (Radial RMP Pro...the blue one), & I use it on every guitar track I record...always, no exception...
Do you find your re-amper has just a hair less output than plugging straight into your amp??? I usually bump my gain on the hardware send a few db's to get closer to the gain my guitars put into my amps...
HA! I have the same one. Actually, I found that it's a little hotter than using my guitar straight into my amp. I actually did a shoot out and it gives a signal about 2 db hotter than my guitar straight in. The little gain dial that comes with it goes to about 2 o'clock. I found that I had to put it back to 12 o'clock to get them same signal. But I actually leave it at 2 o'clock for that little extra. :D

---------- Update ----------

I listened to the Wah version first and really liked it because it gave it a little variety from some of the stuff that's out there today. Then I listened to the non-wah and liked it a lot, the guitar tone is really great. Reminds me of some ZZ. I am torn on which I like better but I am leaning towards no wah at all, but I do like what Schwazzzzz suggested. Regardless of what you choose, I think it all sounds great....AND i think the drums sound great. Awesome job buddy
Thanx Bruth. I guess you missed the edit and update. I ended up doing a version that has both wah and no wah. It's in one of the posts, but it's also in the OP, which I edited.

That's weird, because mine's a little less than my guitar's straight signal...Even with the dial on the RMP cranked, it's still a little less...Love that re-amp box though, that's the best $100 I've ever spent...

Sorry to go off-topic there man, the song sounds good, even if you used fake drums (sarcasm...lol)...Sounds great actually!!!

Yeah, that's why I said that, I've read this entire thread...

While I'm de-railing you thread, tell you something you can do with your ampsims....Record you di like always, then bypass everything except the stompboxes in your ampsim...set up an automation track for a wah & run it through your real amp...it may take you a little while to get to feel of it, but you'd be surprised at the results...Total control over the wah sweep on every move...Amplitube 3's stomps are scary realistic too man, their SD-1 emulation is pretty close to my real pedal....just sayin' if you don't have a wah (like me), or any of those pedals, you can use that on your di's through your real amps, & again, you'd be surprised how good they sound....

Ok, no more de-railing your thread dude...sorry...lol...

Back