TnC Mics

bigtom

I have some TnC mics to sell that I just don't use, all mics are in like new condition. I want to buy a lunchbox so these have to go. Prices include paypal fees and shipping in CONUSA.

2x ACM 200 Dual Ribbon Phantom Powered mic, $125.00 each Sold 1, 1 to go

1x ACM 70 Ribbon mic, $100.00

1X ACM 900 Tube Ribbon mic,$150.00 Sold

Attachments

• 100_0043.jpg
    100_0043.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_0045.jpg
    100_0045.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_0046.jpg
    100_0046.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_0048.jpg
    100_0048.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0049.jpg
    100_0049.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
WOW they look to be in mint condition!

I bought one of everything in that group buy, hoping to find a mic that would best fit my voice. Some of these I've never recorded with other than to make sure they worked when I got them. They've been in their cases in the mic closet waiting for some one like you!!

I've still got a number of extra NOS 6AK5 tubes for these ACM-900s. Tom, if you or the buyer wants me to send one (for free), PM me. I picked up a bunch from a local radio repair store when we first got the mics.

How are the ribbons on these mics? There were some from the last group buy that were stretched. Easily fixed, if need be, somewhere in these forums is a procedure. Maybe Antichef remembers....

The ribbon on my 900 appears fine :) in fact, all the ribbons on the mics in the shipment that included the preamps were fine for me. I was able to "fix" the loose ribbons in a couple of mics from the previous group buy (but not really properly, since I didn't check for the right frequency) by unbolting one of the clamps, drawing the ribbon into a flat position by using a wet q-tip to grab an pull the loose end down over the assembly, then restoring the clamp.

I saw a step-by-step somewhere, on line in the last year or so.
Don't think it was a YouTube but it was very instructional.

How are the ribbons on these mics? There were some from the last group buy that were stretched. Easily fixed, if need be, somewhere in these forums is a procedure. Maybe Antichef remembers....

As far as I can tell they seem to be fine. I remember some where it was said that if you rolled the mic over you could hear the ribbon move if it was sagging. That was one of the first things I checked for and I could never here anything as I rolled them over with the volume cranked. I think the ribbons are fine. If you were to buy these and you found the ribbons were bad, I'd gladly give you your money back. I just don't need all these mics and I do need a lunch box. So they got to go!!

It's a fine collection.
Quite handsome!
Would be nice if someone wanted to purchase them as a lot.

You could dress them in little matching sweaters for the different seasons..........ok, maybe not.....but I do need a lunchbox!! So these have to go!!

Great start.
What's a lunchbox?

I'm probably not explaining this correctly but, API makes a box with a power supply built into it that holds 500 series preamps, eqs, compressors and such. It's called a lunch box because it has a handle on one end that makes it very portable for remote recordings.

Wow that sounds like it would be a classic tool for the itinerant engineer who wants to easily tote his/her favorite API modules (or any other of the scores of compatible third party modules) to different studios. The Lunchbox provides regular and phantom power as well as XLR in and out jacks. Load it up with mic pres, EQ's, compressors, or any combination and you're good to go.

API Lunchbox 500 Series 6 Space Rack - Sonic Circus 888-SC4-GEAR

So which box are you to get and what have you got so far BigTom?

I think I'm looking for an API 500 6B, but I'll admit I have a lot more research to do. I'm going this way, hoping to be able to get into different preamps more affordably. I here good things about API 512s and I've seen A Designs makes a 500 pre modeled after their pacifica.

I'm open to any advise or suggestions. It seems I always become an expert after I've blown my money on something that won't do what I thought it would.

I'm trying to remember ..... how many 500 units you can get into the rack mount power supply? You have to purchase that as well you know. And there was problems with enough power to muti units but that may have been resolved.

Back